+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Thanks! Last week, when Lucy "clawed" Nucky, I said out loud "She's marking her man"! I just thought that at the party, there may have been a cut to Lucy where we saw her watching them dance. I think that I would have remembered it. Gives me an excuse to watch that episode again! Can't wait for tonight!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Didn't Lucy also tell Margaret that it was her (Lucy) who told Nucky to get Margaret a job at the clothing store? Or at least something close to that.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Why do you think Angela is paranoid about Nucky finding out she's in a lesbian relationship? Yes, he subsidizes her but why would he find out? Maybe Gillian knows and will tell him? She did call Angela "Bohemian." Or does Angela think Gillian will blackmail her into giving up Tommy?

Did anyone else think the "Phantom of the Opera" organ music (Bach’s "Toccata and Fugue in D Minor) amusing ? They crank it up right after Richard (the Phantom of the Opera looking sniper) finsihes up with Pearl's slasher. It also seems to be playing at the movie theater where poor Lucy is watching Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde all by herself - maybe thinking that Nucky and Dr. Jeckyll have a few things in common?

What about Margaraet telling Annabelle that she doesn't think Nucky is over his wife, implying that he's not free to love her until he is? I'm waiting to see what Nucky reveals of his heart to her.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

I have missed a couple of episodes and hope to catch up on the replays. I am glad I am not the only one loving this show!

FORT Fogey

Isn't this show created and/or written by the same guy who created/wrote The Sopranos? I don't know how much he makes, but he's worth his weight in gold! From the acting to the writing and stories, this is truly quality TV. Tonight I'm watching Sunday night's show ... can't wait!

I don't get why Angela is so afraid of Nucky finding out about her - why would it matter to him? I didn't see that coming, either. I thought for sure she was seeing the photographer guy.

Didn't feel sorry for Lucy one bit while she was simpering in the theater alone. I just don't like her. Though I'm quite sure she won't go away without a fight...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I had considered that the relationship might be with the (photographer's) wife but I didn't really think that THAT would REALLY be the truth! I missed a lot of the conversation between the two women. I didn't think that what they were saying MIGHT be important to the story (silly me). I even watched the episode again but STILL didn't pay attention to the conversation. PLEASE fill me in! What were they saying?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4096954;
    I had considered that the relationship might be with the (photographer's) wife but I didn't really think that THAT would REALLY be the truth! I missed a lot of the conversation between the two women. I didn't think that what they were saying MIGHT be important to the story (silly me). I even watched the episode again but STILL didn't pay attention to the conversation. PLEASE fill me in! What were they saying?
    Angela is worried. She tells Mary that Nucky senses something is amiss with her and that she could tell by the look on his face.

"So he knows," Mary tells her. "And then what?"
    "He could stop giving me money... I depend on this man."
    After watching a recast, I think that this whole scene was just an excuse to inject some hot lesbian action into the show. Or it's a cheap way to hook in an arc:
    Jimmy's bisexual ex moves to Greenwich Village with her female lover? That's what they are talking about as they are (ahem) pleasuring each other.

Angela can sell her paintings there - there is a gallery owner who is interested in them. And she should probably keep this secret from Nucky for some reason.

The conversation, on re-watching, actually seems completely ancillary to the sex scene.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

So the girl that Angela is getting it on with IS the photographer's assistant (wife?). Now I've got to go back and do an intense watch. I thought that it might be her, but I was left confused. I love having friends to help me out!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4097669;
    So the girl that Angela is getting it on with IS the photographer's assistant (wife?). Now I've got to go back and do an intense watch. I thought that it might be her, but I was left confused. I love having friends to help me out!
    Ha-ha! You're as bad as me! Remember, at the end of the last show Angela was "going out " with a friend and Jimmy's mom said to be careful (because it was St Pat's Day). THEN, at the end, we saw her walk down the boardwalk, stop, and then walk back to the studio! Ohhhhhhhh, WE thought that she was meeting the photographer! Tee-hee! I had thought that it was a possibility but didn't REALLY think that it was the right answer. MAYBE.... Angela is the one with ties to Nucky and not Jimmy! Probably not but who knows! Have I mentioned how much I L-O-V-E, love, love, love, love this show? I do! I love it! I wish that I could sit and watch it with ALL of you! Let's have a "convention" for the last show!

+ Reply to Thread