+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 44 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn;4079948;
    Poppy Fields: I definitely think that Nucky is Jimmy's father. It will be fun to watch this play out. This show has ended my Soprano's withdrawal in every possible way. I am also wondering if something will develop between Nucky and the widow for whom he found a job....... She looks a lot like his late wife.
    After last night, I believe that Nucky has it bad for Mrs. Shroeder. While I feel as this is going to go nowhere but bad but I am always a sucker for romance, even in the unlikeliest of places .

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;4081623;
    After last night, I believe that Nucky has it bad for Mrs. Shroeder. While I feel as this is going to go nowhere but bad but I am always a sucker for romance, even in the unlikeliest of places .
    I am thinking that Nucky's interest in Margaret has gone from protective/charitable to a full-on crush. He sees her now as both beautiful, intelligent, and able to hold her own in social conversation with his peers. Lucy becomes less desirable by the comparison. I think he was completely embarrassed at Lucy's surprise and his eyes were more on Margaret, gauging her reaction to the vulgarity.

And Margaret might be crossing the border from poverty to gentility in the near future. She has the makings of a good wife for Nucky. Her "princess" fantasy seems to be coming alive, and I think she felt entitled to steal something pretty from the store. She can probably rightly assume that Nucky's relationship with her employer will protect her.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Nucky -- definitely Jimmy's father. You could tell by the look on his face when his girlfriend said something about it was too bad he never had kids.

Very much looking forward to more scenes between Nucky & Margaret -- I find their characters to be the most interesting & these actors are never boring.

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;4083435;
    Very much looking forward to more scenes between Nucky & Margaret -- I find their characters to be the most interesting & these actors are never boring.
    Same here. I think he does have feelings for her (and she for him), but I can't see her ever being okay with his lifestyle, once she finds out how he really lives. Though Margaret is miles above Nucky's current girlfriend, or whatever she is. No class at all, that one.

Jimmy sure isn't missing his wife, is he?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;4083511;
    Same here. I think he does have feelings for her (and she for him), but I can't see her ever being okay with his lifestyle, once she finds out how he really lives. Though Margaret is miles above Nucky's current girlfriend, or whatever she is. No class at all, that one.

Jimmy sure isn't missing his wife, is he?
    By Jimmy's lights, Angela (his fiancee) not only betrayed with another man, she cast suspicion on little Tommy's paternity. That's what I think hurt him the most and made him happy to leave AC.

IMDB has Angela appearing in only 5 episodes, while Tommy appears in 13 (played by 2 different child actors). So, I think we will be seeing more of Tommy and Jimmy together.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by NJ EJ;4083435;
    Nucky -- definitely Jimmy's father. You could tell by the look on his face when his girlfriend said something about it was too bad he never had kids.

This is certainly the popular belief but I'm beginning to think possibly an (illegitimate) half brother. On last weeks episode the police chief brother asked Nucky (after he kicked Jimmy out of AC) if he would have treated it differently if it had been him that screwed up. I don't think that he would have compared himself to a son like that. Just another brother.

I've been meaning to look up if it's Dabney Coleman who plays the commodore and it is! You can hardly recognize him behind all of the makeup!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4086324;
    This is certainly the popular belief but I'm beginning to think possibly an (illegitimate) half brother. On last weeks episode the police chief brother asked Nucky (after he kicked Jimmy out of AC) if he would have treated it differently if it had been him that screwed up. I don't think that he would have compared himself to a son like that. Just another brother.
    Very, very interesting hypothesis!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4086326;
    I've been meaning to look up if it's Dabney Coleman who plays the commodore and it is! You can hardly recognize him behind all of the makeup!
    Yes, it's Dabney.

I liked last night's episode a lot. Margaret, rejected and rebuffed, plays her wild card and gets the guy. I guess we'll see if she should have played or folded that hand.

Just got to watch this week's episode last night. Very much enjoyed it, but Nucky's coldness towards Margaret at the beginning seemed odd, especially after the dance last week. When he showed up at her doorstep at the end, I thought to myself that she shouldn't have been so quick to tear up that lingerie. Lucy is going to flip when she finds out (or will she?).

And that poor girl that Jimmy had taken up with. I wonder if he'll try to get revenge?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread