+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 44 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344 LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 437
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

  1. #421
    Bitten Critical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Fangtasia - The Bar With Bite
    Age
    45
    Posts
    16,400

    Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

    After reading spoilers about the finale, I'm really happy I gave this show up last season. Richard was my favorite character and the only reason I watched the show as long as I did. Hopefully Jack Huston will go on to bigger and better things.
    Kocky_Kamikaze likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

    I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

  2. #422
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,910

    Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

    Help! Help! I need emotional support after that finale! Why did they have to kill Richard?! Maybe he was just hallucinating that ending (who else was on that porch besides his wife and Tommy?), and next season we will see him in the hospital recovering. Even though he was a killer, he was the heart and soul of that show for me. He was finally getting the family he yearned for ... and poor Tommy, losing yet another "parent" who loved him. Why coud he not pull the trigger to kill Narcisse? What happened? I hate this! Who is left who means anything ... Nucky, Chalky, and no one else. I don't even know why they bothered to show Margaret at all this season.

  3. #423
    runs with scissors waywyrd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    South Carolina
    Posts
    21,246

    Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

    That was so hard to watch, Richard was my favorite character.

    The aftershow comments OnDemand said he was nervous and his hand was injured from before, causing him to hesitate and blow the shot. He really wanted to get away from that life, but took that one last job to pay Nucky back for spilling the beans about Jimmy. Richard's final scene dreaming about his family on the porch had me in tears.

    Damn.
    Punkin, momrek06 and Poppy Fields like this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

  4. #424
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,910

    Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

    Yes, and didn't his face look amazingly beautiful!
    Punkin, waywyrd and momrek06 like this.

  5. #425
    FORT Fogey momrek06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    3,896

    Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Help! Help! I need emotional support after that finale! Why did they have to kill Richard?! Maybe he was just hallucinating that ending (who else was on that porch besides his wife and Tommy?), and next season we will see him in the hospital recovering. Even though he was a killer, he was the heart and soul of that show for me. He was finally getting the family he yearned for ... and poor Tommy, losing yet another "parent" who loved him. Why coud he not pull the trigger to kill Narcisse? What happened? I hate this! Who is left who means anything ... Nucky, Chalky, and no one else. I don't even know why they bothered to show Margaret at all this season.
    AV, also on the porch with Richard's wife Julia and Tommy is Richard's twin sister, Emma and her new husband and Emma's baby.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    KAREN

  6. #426
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,192

    Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

    I TOLD you that the man who played Harrow was GORGEOUS!

    I just watched the finale, and I am still sitting with my mouth open. There are soooo many WOWs in that episode that it is unbelievable. I am stunned. My heart is hurting.

    They are planning on accusing Eli of murder of a federal agent when it was anything BUT..... that was pure-D self-defense.

    Who, in their right mind, would walk away from this show after where they have taken us? Heard Jeffrey Wright, the actor who plays Dr. Valentin Narcisse, say that the last 3 episodes of this season were going to be packed to the gills and HUGE. The show did not disappoint!

    Really looking forward to watching the episode again! I cannot get enough!!
    Punkin, Poppy Fields and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  7. #427
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,910

    Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    AV, also on the porch with Richard's wife Julia and Tommy is Richard's twin sister, Emma and her new husband and Emma's baby.
    Thank you, momrek. I was so blown away by that scene that I couldn't focus on the other people on the porch. I'm so sad that Richard never got to enjoy the family that he wanted with all his heart. I'm going to watch the episode again and pause on that scene. And cry!

    I notice the name Lewis Gossett Jr. in the credits. I guess that's Chalky? What will become of him now, I wonder? And Daughter?? Were we shown her singing in that club at the end just to know that she's alive and well, or was there something else going on?
    Punkin likes this.

  8. #428
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,192

    Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

    Louis Gossett Jr. was the old man that Chalky went to see for help when he had to leave town after his ugly encounter with Dr. Narcisse. Chalky is played by an actor named Michael Kenneth Williams. I don't think there was ever any question that Daughter was alive since she left their haven before all of the shooting started.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

  9. #429
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,910

    Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Louis Gossett Jr. was the old man that Chalky went to see for help when he had to leave town after his ugly encounter with Dr. Narcisse. Chalky is played by an actor named Michael Kenneth Williams. I don't think there was ever any question that Daughter was alive since she left their haven before all of the shooting started.
    Thanks, prhoshay. I didn't even recognize that the old man was LG. I thought maybe the actor who plays Chalky is LG's son. Now I feel dumb!! Anyway, at the end of the episode, it looked like Chalky had taken the old man's place in the rocking chair. So awful about Maybelle being killed by accident.

  10. #430
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,192
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.