+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334353637383940414243 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Season 3 beigins next Sunday! I'm looking forward to it.

I will say I will miss JIMMY D.
    Poppy Fields likes this.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've got to catch up!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post

I will say I will miss JIMMY D.
    I know I'll be missing Jimmy, too. There will have to be some kind of redemption for Nucky, I think. At any rate, I can't wait for tomorrow night.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I love the idea of the marathon starting at 8 am tomorrow!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I love the idea of the marathon starting at 8 am tomorrow!
    I've had it on all morning. I'd forgotten how great last season was!

Can't wait for the new season tonight...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

FORT Fogey

Season Premiere! Seems like Richard is now the most sympathetic character on the show. That kind of bothers me a little. I also didn't know that Van Alden and the nanny had a baby. Did they get married? I forgot. Don't like the Bobby Cannavale character ... at all!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

What a premier! My two favorite--well, I should say intriguing--characters, Van Alden and Richard Harrow had great screen time. Van Alden making pathetic sales calls only to almost win by preventing Capone from taking out the florist/booze runner guy (Deany O'Banion or something like that). The way he cast the menacing shadow in the door way with the hat pulled down...damn, that was some awesome business. And those weird little affirmations just show he's still as nuts as ever. BTW, the one guy he stopped in on was pouring liquid in a bath tub; was he literally making bathtub gin? I watch too many crime shows and immediately flashed to getting rid of a body.

Richard Harrow is such a deep character, especially given the few words he actually says. You get his heartbreak that Gillian is erasing Angela from Tommy's memory and then taking out Manny...I'm kind of surprised he didn't do it sooner.

Bobby Cannavale's character has a racist insult for everyone and I was over-nervous at what would become of the dog. He should be an interesting character.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Season Premiere! Seems like Richard is now the most sympathetic character on the show. That kind of bothers me a little. I also didn't know that Van Alden and the nanny had a baby. Did they get married? I forgot. Don't like the Bobby Cannavale character ... at all!
    It's Lucy's baby that they're raising now.

PG - I thought sure the dog was a goner! I think it's safe to say Bobby Cannavale's character isn't going to live through the season.

I agree - Harrow is SO complex. Amazing what Jack Huston does with only half of his face.

I'm going to have to watch the episode at least one more time. There's so much that I feel like I missed.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I've watched it now about 2.5 times. I ~think~ Van Alden has the older daughter (the one who had the fever...Lucy's kid) and apparently the baby son with the nanny/maybe wife who wasn't sleeping through the night because he got hungry. There was a "he" and there was a girl's name said. But I could have totally misinterpreted that scene. BE likes to hide details, like Mad Men. And that's about why I love them both.

I thought I heard "he" also, PhoneGrrrl. Looks like Van Alden got that son after all? The scene in the florist shop was great - he played right into the whole thing, snapping open that latch and cutting a menacing figure in the doorway. Awesome. That and Harrow offing Manny were my favorite scenes. I knew he wouldn't let that lie for long. Gillian, I have no words for.

And I didn't think Bobby Cannavale's character would make it through the episode with that mouth! He certainly won't last the season the way he's pissing people off.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread