+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 46 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

I could have sworn I watched the latest episode but maybe I didn't get through it or closed my eyes (I do that alot) and literally sleep-watched the whole thing. I remember Margaret meeting with her family but I do not remember her getting steamy with the young guy. Guess I will have to watch it again!! lol
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I could have sworn I watched the latest episode but maybe I didn't get through it or closed my eyes (I do that alot) and literally sleep-watched the whole thing. I remember Margaret meeting with her family but I do not remember her getting steamy with the young guy. Guess I will have to watch it again!! lol
    It's the very last scene of the episode. It was sudden -- fast and furious! She must like that kind of thing. The first time she had sex with Nucky was kind of like that, only standing up.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    It's the very last scene of the episode. It was sudden -- fast and furious! She must like that kind of thing. The first time she had sex with Nucky was kind of like that, only standing up.
    Aha! I will have to watch it again! I most definitely was sleep watching at the end.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    OK, last scene, did Lucy leave? I thought after she had the baby (last week) she kinda became like maternal. I am thinking Abigail (right) crying for 5 hours may have changed that feeling in Lucy!
    It sure looks like she took the money from Nucky and bailed, but I'm thinking she'll be back. The way she was talking, I can't see her leaving little Abigail.

I'm not familiar with the actor who plays Van Alden, but damn, he's good. He can pull off this pained expression that's halfway between constipated and a psychotic episode when things aren't going his way.

And Margaret....wow. I didn't think she'd give in...
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I'm not familiar with the actor who plays Van Alden, but damn, he's good. He can pull off this pained expression that's halfway between constipated and a psychotic episode when things aren't going his way.
    Watch the movie The Runaways, about Joan Jett, Lita Ford, etc... he plays their manager Kim Fowley (who I have met, and he nailed him!). Hes a great actor.. but he still freaks me out as Van Alden.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Finally got around to watching the episode again. I must have fallen asleep halfway through it last time. I knew VanAlden was going to turn to the state instead of taking Nucky's offer. Jimmy should have never approached Nucky.......he should have just let the assassin do his job. Now Nucky is going to go after him far worse than he was before. The previews for the next episode look so good! Seems like the clan is going to walk away from Jimmy and let him deal with the mess on his own.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

I like Jimmy and would hate to see him killed, but I almost want him to get what he deserves from Nucky in order to wipe the constant smirk off his devious mother's face!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Margaret was taking advantage of everyone being out of the house when she got home. When would that situation present itself again? Most interesting. I began to see Margaret's relationship with Nucky as a business arrangement; what she did with Sleater was, strictly, for her!

I'm about to go watch the episode again. Somehow, I missed why Sleater killed the guy in the bar. And it was done similar to one of the Tony Soprano murders, struggling with the wire around the neck. When the guy's fingers fell off, I blanched...but it was perfect!! Was there an injury to Sleater's hand...there certainly should have been...when it appeared he tried to turn his body away from Margaret. I didn't see injury.

And, ol' Lucy sold Van Alden's information to Nucky!!! I loved it! Van Alden is a tightazz, and Lucy wanted money. She told him that he owed her money for having that baby for him...that he had promised her. He was unresponsive, so she did what she felt she had to do. I don't think she really bonded with the baby since she was willing to turn her over for the money. And was that a dirty, poo-filled diaper on the Victrola? When Van Alden got home and heard the singing coming from the bedroom, I just knew that Van Alden's wife was there. Lucy has ditched! She got some money and she was out!

I am just so far gone on this show that it is ridiculous!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

That was a neighbor singing to the baby in the bedroom, not Van Alden's wife. We don't know yet whether Rose will come back to him now that she knows what he was up to behind her back. I kind of feel sorry for any child who is brought up by those two stiffs, although Rose is certainly preferable to Nelson. Maybe she'll come and get the baby away from him and leave again.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I'm guessing that Rose will come back to take care of the baby, but she will make his life miserable, in a very low-key way. She wants a baby so badly. He is really going to have to really "kiss her a." to get along with her, and that baby will be spoiled rotten...but, in a good way! And Rose will have earned everything she gets out of him....if she stays! I could see her taking the baby and disappearing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread