+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 45 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

FORT Fogey

Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

I was surprised by that "confession," too. First of all, she is "living in sin" with a man who is not her husband, which the church frowns upon, but she doesn't confess that. Second, she knows Nucky is involved in all sorts of illegal activities (including killing her husband and violating Prohibition), but she doesn't confess that. Is she really drawn to Mr. Slater or did she use that to have something to confess that doesn't involve Nucky?

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Oh, I think she's truly drawn to Slater. It just happens to be the least of her "sins."

A teaser for next week. Lucy visits Nucky, with her daughter in tow (from Boardwalk Empire's Facebook page):

FORT Fogey

I was wondering if at some point Lucy might ask Nucky and Margaret to adopt her daughter. Doesn't look like Rose is going to want to be a momma to that baby, and Nelson might not want any permanent arrangement with Lucy.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I was surprised by that "confession," too. First of all, she is "living in sin" with a man who is not her husband, which the church frowns upon, but she doesn't confess that. Second, she knows Nucky is involved in all sorts of illegal activities (including killing her husband and violating Prohibition), but she doesn't confess that. Is she really drawn to Mr. Slater or did she use that to have something to confess that doesn't involve Nucky?
    They were not her sins to confess.. as far as Nucky's dealings. Living in sin.. well that is different.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I just completed a 5-episode marathon of my own making, and reading this thread has eased my need....almost....to repeat any episodes. I will admit that I did not catch Margaret admitting to being attracted to Slater, so I would like to see that one again; I already erased it, dang it! I did catch her giving him "knowing looks", and his, sneakily, making physical contact with her.

This is one of the best shows, e-v-e-r!!!!
    PGM35 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

OK, last scene, did Lucy leave? I thought after she had the baby (last week) she kinda became like maternal. I am thinking Abigail (right) crying for 5 hours may have changed that feeling in Lucy!
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I just completed a 5-episode marathon of my own making, and reading this thread has eased my need....almost....to repeat any episodes. I will admit that I did not catch Margaret admitting to being attracted to Slater, so I would like to see that one again; I already erased it, dang it! I did catch her giving him "knowing looks", and his, sneakily, making physical contact with her. This is one of the best shows, e-v-e-r!!!!
    Well, just wait until you see the end of last night's episode! HOTTTTTT! Wow, Margaret went right for it! And yes, this is the BEST show I've seen in many years, and the entire eppy last night was terrific.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You've given me just enough without giving anything away!! I've inched into the episode, but I'm not even half-way!!! This show is just plain exciting!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    You've given me just enough without giving anything away!! I've inched into the episode, but I'm not even half-way!!! This show is just plain exciting!!!
    So, prhoshay, I've gotta know .... what did you think of THE scene!? The psychology behind it was interesting to me -- was Margaret merely taking advantage of an opportunity to act on her lust (no one else being home), or did the timing have something to do with her visit to her family and any feelings she might have had about no longer being part of the Irish "working class," or perhaps harking back to the story of her affair with the Irish lad that led to her coming to America?? Just interesting to speculate, and gives me more insight into her character. I love the way they present contrasts on this show. The main characters have much the same complexity as those on the Sopranos did.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

This episode seemed to be all about crossing lines. Van Alden finally found one he could not cross, while Jimmy found there's one he didn't know he could.

Margaret decisively, almost coldly, crosses one with Slater after realizing that the distance between herself and her family is now wider than the ocean she crossed to leave them - and they like it that way.

Eli suggests his brother be executed and forces the point.

Gillian admonishes her son that he must commit murder, that he's already crossed the line and there's only the "bookkeeping" left to be done.

And poor Lucy appears to have abandoned the daughter she loves.

It's starting to feel like Shakespeare is writing this.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 11-08-2011 at 04:02 PM.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

+ Reply to Thread