+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233343536 ... LastLast
Like Tree81Likes

Thread: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

FORT Fogey

Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Anyone think something might happen between Jimmy's wife and Richard? He seems to be falling in love with her and all that she represents (kindness, wife, mother, family) and she feels deeply for him, too. I question how strongly she feels for Jimmy, as last season she seemed more afraid of him than anything else, and Richard might seem to her more of a gentle and sensitive man (despite his "job").

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    Anyone think something might happen between Jimmy's wife and Richard? He seems to be falling in love with her and all that she represents (kindness, wife, mother, family) and she feels deeply for him, too. I question how strongly she feels for Jimmy, as last season she seemed more afraid of him than anything else, and Richard might seem to her more of a gentle and sensitive man (despite his "job").
    I thought their scene together was deeply intimate as well as sensuous. I could definitely see them together.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

Yikes, very bloody episode tonight. My favorite character: The Dog. I wonder how the man in the woods knew what Richard was up to there. I guess Jimmy has made it his mission to wipe out all the old men in the group, or at least scare them into respecting him by what he did to their leader.

Next to Richard's performance last night, I liked the Dog's best, too. That dog just new rifles don't belong in people's mouths. I thought the Pineys (the guys in the woods) acted in a fairly improbable kind of way, but I loved the scene. It was almost dreamlike, and even the woods appeared to be sketchy - underfoliated for Memorial Day. Almost winterlike. Except for the holes the dog's teeth left in his mask, Richard could have probably convinced himself that he dreamed the whole thing.

When he asked the old man what the dog fights for, and the man said "You'll have to ask him," I was moved. And also moved when Richard returns to ask Jimmy "Would you fight for me?" Jimmy: "To the last bullet."

I believed in them both.

FORT Fogey

I agree, Poppy. The scene in the woods was dreamlike, with mythological undertones.... very much in counterpoint to the harsh violence of most of the episode. I also noted Richard's interest in the "woodsman's" statement about the dog and his subsequent question to Jimmy. They have some great writers on this show.

I loved Margaret grabbing the gun and getting Eli out of the house. I'll have to go back and re-watch the scene with Eli and the man in the work shed. I wasn't paying close enough attention to know who exactly the other man was. I did get that the man was asking too many questions about the Commodore, I just couldn't tell if the man was a Nucky ally or a Commodore ally.
    Poppy Fields likes this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I loved Margaret grabbing the gun and getting Eli out of the house. I'll have to go back and re-watch the scene with Eli and the man in the work shed. I wasn't paying close enough attention to know who exactly the other man was. I did get that the man was asking too many questions about the Commodore, I just couldn't tell if the man was a Nucky ally or a Commodore ally.
    I can't remember the man's name, but he was a Nucky ally who joined the anti-Nucky/pro-Commodore forces, and then got nervous like so many of the others when he heard rumors about the Commodore's health condition. Gee, I used to feel sorry for poor doofus Eli, but he proved himself totally unlikeable!
    Poppy Fields likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    I loved Margaret grabbing the gun and getting Eli out of the house. ...
    I am thinking this won't be the last time we see Margaret wielding a rifle, and that the next time it will be loaded.

Lucy's ordeal was amazing, and so beautifully done! Her little "I did it all myself" and the way she kissed her daughter made be realize that she's been transformed. She went from a girl who just wanted the baby "out" to a woman who wants the baby, period. Good luck with that, Nelson.

And hooray for Rose! I KNEW she was there as soon as I saw the lemons in the fruit bowl. Hope Lucy's post-partum fever isn't serious.
    Last edited by Poppy Fields; 10-31-2011 at 01:25 PM.

I found it interesting watching Margaret making her confession. She confessed to being drawn not to Nucky, but to the Irish fellow who is sleeping with her maid.

+ Reply to Thread