+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

HBO is re-airing the series on Saturday nights (HOB East and HBO West 10 p.m.) if anyone wants to tune in.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Hooray! Season 2 premieres on September 25th. Can't wait! HBO has a trailer up:

HBO: Boardwalk Empire: Homepage
    momrek06 likes this.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields View Post
    Hooray! Season 2 premieres on September 25th. Can't wait! HBO has a trailer up:

HBO: Boardwalk Empire: Homepage

Yeah!!!!!
    KAREN

Five days and the wait's over!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Last night, I noticed that they are going to do a full season all-day marathon on Saturday (or Sunday)! It starts at about 8 a.m. If you've missed anything, they are going to overdose you on last season!! I watched the 3-episode mini-marathon last Sunday, and that was quite enough. I had only missed the very last episode. I am so glad to see this season begin!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Last night, I noticed that they are going to do a full season all-day marathon on Saturday (or Sunday)! It starts at about 8 a.m. If you've missed anything, they are going to overdose you on last season!! I watched the 3-episode mini-marathon last Sunday, and that was quite enough. I had only missed the very last episode. I am so glad to see this season begin!!
    Ooooooo, I'm tempted. I caught the first episode of season one On Demand right before they yanked it off. For some reason on On Demand they pulled episodes 1-6 and left 7-the end of season one. This marathon sounds great, but I think I would suffer from overload. Last night I decided I would just skip 2-6 altogether and I went ahead and watched episode 7. I figured I can plow through the end of season one and then pick up with the new season. I know I can technically watch the missing episodes online, but I just don't like watching stuff on my computer. My only issue right now is that there are a LOT of characters and I have a hard time differentiating between many of them!

I, too, had the same problem that you describe with differentiating between characters but, having seen all of the episodes before (and resigning myself to just being confused) seeing the episodes more than once worked out my confusion. With this show (and a couple of others), I go into the seasons knowing that I have to watch an episode more than once. Between rewatching and using the closed caption, where needed, it all works out.
    Poppy Fields likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I sometimes watch BE new episodes three times! There is always something I've missed on the first viewing.

And even on the second!!!! I was ONLY admitting to 2 until you spoke up!!!

"The jig is up!!!"
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Tonight!!!!!
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread