+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4167044;
    Yes, I get it. I hate I missed that last Saturday. Not sure how that happened. I've been keeping a close eye. I'll be sure to catch it this Saturday though. Perhaps, I can get up before the new season starts.
    Oh Debb, this show is AWESOME! Now I only started watching LAST Saturday night as HBO repeats BE Season 1!

Please watch the rerun from last Saturday night if you can online and then watch tonight. And you will be all caught up.
    KAREN

I'm sure the fans love this show, but I wasn't able to get into it. I watched about 30 minutes last Saturday night and just wasn't feeling it. I know it may take awhile to grow interest, but I don't think it's for me. Maybe I just wasn't in the right mood or something. I could see it was a high quality show, but I didn't have any interest or concern for the characters even after 30 minutes. That's not good.

I'll pop back on this thread if I give it second chance and do get into it. That has happened with a couple of FX shows before.

Its looking like an early Spring DVD release date for anyone who is interested. I know a date hasn't been officially said but hopefully they are looking at March or early April. Considering its now a golden globe and SAG award winner, I would think that HBO would want to take advantage of this.

BTW, congrats to the cast and specifically to Steve Buscemi for their SAG award wins last night! YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;4172440;
    Its looking like an early Spring DVD release date for anyone who is interested. I know a date hasn't been officially said but hopefully they are looking at March or early April. Considering its now a golden globe and SAG award winner, I would think that HBO would want to take advantage of this.

BTW, congrats to the cast and specifically to Steve Buscemi for their SAG award wins last night! YAY!
    Indeed a GREAT night for Boardwalk Empire!!!

Congrat's to Steve and the entire cast!

Another great epi on Saturday night. Gretchen Mol as Gillian! I love her! Kelly MacDonald is awesome in her role!

BRING ON SEASON 2 SOONER THAN LATER!!!!

To Debb, I am sorry that you are not liking it.
    KAREN

I cannot find any release date for Season 2. I have been re-watching season 1 on demand and I didn't realize how much I missed this show!! Anyone have any idea when it will be coming back?
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I still have 2 episodes to watch from the last season. What did I do before I had a DVR?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

No air date yet, but I think it will be Fall 2011, same as Seaon 1. I did read that they began filming Season 2 in January and will wrap in August.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

That seems so far away!! I told my hubby that back in the 20's they considered beach side property to be the "poor" area of town. So opposite now! It costs a fortune to live even a mile from the ocean. Is this based on real events? I've not taken the time to look any of it up....
    Yup, with donuts!!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    That seems so far away!! I told my hubby that back in the 20's they considered beach side property to be the "poor" area of town. So opposite now! It costs a fortune to live even a mile from the ocean. Is this based on real events? I've not taken the time to look any of it up....
    This was posted way upthread. It's a quick read, and might catch you up on the historical aspects of the story.

Getting to Know the Characters of Boardwalk Empire The Efficient Drinker Blog
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

After reading how much is based on true facts, I'm even more excited about the upcoming season!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread