+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

I could be wrong........ I am half asleep when I watch. I do know Jimmy figured it out because he found the poison in the kitchen or trash and he had gotten sick after eating a biscuit.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I could be wrong too, because I'm usually playing facebook games when watching tv.

FORT Fogey

Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that Jimmy HELPED save the commodore's life. He searched for and found the poison in the kitchen. At that point, everyone could figure out who was responsible (or at least who they thought was responsible ... I still don't think the maid did it alone) and get the commodore on the road to recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4122265;
    Perhaps it would be more accurate to say that Jimmy HELPED save the commodore's life. He searched for and found the poison in the kitchen. At that point, everyone could figure out who was responsible (or at least who they thought was responsible ... I still don't think the maid did it alone) and get the commodore on the road to recovery.
    I think that's defintiely accurate. He got very, immediately ill after eating a cookie/biscuit and had the doctor run tests from his hair after. Then he found the poison and pieced it all together. Except of course for who actually poisoned him.

FORT Fogey

I just read that season 2 isn't scheduled to start until next fall. Phooey! That's nearly a whole year after the end of the last episode. I was hoping for spring, or summer at the latest, when there isn't much to watch except reruns. In the fall, so many new shows and seasons are starting that it's almost too much!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4163690;
    I just read that season 2 isn't scheduled to start until next fall. Phooey! That's nearly a whole year after the end of the last episode. I was hoping for spring, or summer at the latest, when there isn't much to watch except reruns. In the fall, so many new shows and seasons are starting that it's almost too much!

What's up with that?
    KAREN

FORT Fogey

I don't like these long hiatuses. Seems self-defeating for the network to me. I guess they'll rerun last season before the new one starts, but it loses some excitement and momentum to wait so long, even for a great show like this.

I was initially annoyed that this show robbed Mad Men of best drama at the Golden Globes. Then I realized it must really be good and I want to see it. When can I see it? It's not On Demand on HBO though I see them show clips of it. Is it on DVD yet. I want to catch up before the new season starts. Perhaps they will allow you to view the old season just before the new one starts. Does anyone know?

FORT Fogey

Debb, do you get HBO2? They're running the episodes at 10 p.m. Saturdays, but I think they already showed the first one last Saturday. This might be helpful: HBO

I bet they'll rerun them all closer to the time for Season 2 to start. It's a great show. I thought the first episode was a bit slow, but it really picked up after that ... great writing and ensemble cast, costumes, historical references from the time period, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4165410;
    Debb, do you get HBO2? They're running the episodes at 10 p.m. Saturdays, but I think they already showed the first one last Saturday. This might be helpful: HBO

I bet they'll rerun them all closer to the time for Season 2 to start. It's a great show. I thought the first episode was a bit slow, but it really picked up after that ... great writing and ensemble cast, costumes, historical references from the time period, etc.

Yes, I get it. I hate I missed that last Saturday. Not sure how that happened. I've been keeping a close eye. I'll be sure to catch it this Saturday though. Perhaps, I can get up before the new season starts.

+ Reply to Thread