+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 44 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 435
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

  1. #181
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

    So do we believe that the poisoning was all the maid's doing, or that Nucky was behind it and they had a deal that if it was discovered, he'd take care of her if she didn't implicate him? I'm still not sure! Plus, why did Gillian look so guilty and so unsurprised when Jimmy confronted her with the poison he found in the last episode?

    Did Margaret go back to Nucky because she really loves him, having learned what he went through with losing his wife and child ... or because she got the piece of rag in the cake and figured he was a necessary evil?

    Was anyone else surprised that Jimmy was so nice to Angela, or is he just biding his time?

    Loved the season finale and can't wait for next season to start!

    BTW, I'm lost as to why Nucky replaced Eli with the other guy, then fired the other guy and reinstated Eli. Did it have something to do with getting the new mayor elected and the murder of Hans Schroeder?
    Last edited by Lucky22; 12-06-2010 at 01:24 PM.

  2. #182
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4121078;
    So do we believe that the poisoning was all the maid's doing, or that Nucky was behind it and they had a deal that if it was discovered, he'd take care of her if she didn't implicate him? I'm still not sure! Plus, why did Gillian look so guilty and so unsurprised when Jimmy confronted her with the poison he found in the last episode?

    Did Margaret go back to Nucky because she really loves him, having learned what he went through with losing his wife and child ... or because she got the piece of rag in the cake and figured he was a necessary evil?

    Was anyone else surprised that Jimmy was so nice to Angela, or is he just biding his time?

    Loved the season finale and can't wait for next season to start!

    BTW, I'm lost as to why Nucky replaced Eli with the other guy, then fired the other guy and reinstated Eli. Did it have something to do with getting the new mayor elected and the murder of Hans Schroeder?
    I don't buy that the maid did it alone, but that it was a conspiracy with Nucky and Gillian - just as you say.

    I think Margaret and Nucky will get married - they have affection and regard for each other, as well as great needs.

    Eli got shelved because Nucky perceived him to be a loose cannon during the campaign, imo.

    I can't wait till next season, either!

    Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4121064;
    Just gotta say that way back, posting 114, I got it pretty close! I suggested that the baby died in childbirth and the wife possibly committed suicide! I also said that maybe she was depressed and killed the baby! Didn't see it, the part about the baby being dead for days, coming at all, but then again, who could? You had to think along those lines because the very first episode showed Nucky looking at the preemies! Didn't we all know that it must have been something like that? Just like the scene of the maid trying to take the cookies! They made you think that it was Gillian but there was that one little clue with the maid. It's funny that the maid really was the obvious choice because she was living with him and doing the cooking but she was such a minor character that we didn't suspect her! I didn't want to because she was such a saint, putting up with that mean old man! I hope that Nucky gave her enough money to move on! She deserved it!
    You did call it, Lucky22!
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

  3. #183
    FORT Fan elleprn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Upside Down
    Posts
    335

    Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

    I loved the parting shot of Jimmy walking on the beach, just as Nucky does in the beginning of each episode. I also believe that Margaret decided that she "could live with that much sin". Very well said by Nucky.

  4. #184
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4121083;
    You did call it, Lucky22!
    tvaholic actually gets the credit for that!

  5. #185
    FORT Fogey tvaholic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Cypress,California
    Posts
    1,115

    Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4121088;
    tvaholic actually gets the credit for that!
    Thanks Lucky! I was just watching it, again, on demand. I wanted to see the maid's confession ,to look for cracks in her story. Sure, there is always the chance that she was put up to it but I'm thinking more by Gillian than Nucky. Nucky saved her from prosecution because he didn't want to piss off the black community! He NEEDED their votes! Gillian was still standing there looking a little guilty but the maid pretty much "fessed up". If the maid was in cahoots with Nucky she would have already given him that book/bible (?). She had it with her and was planning on using the info in it to save her butt! Instead, Nucky stepped in so she gave the info to him instead! Can't wait till next season to find out what was in it! I like to think that Nucky won't be as blindsided by the Commodore,Jimmy, Eli alliance as it looks like he will.
    Over the weekend I watch the episode, again, when the guy tried to shoot Nucky on the boardwalk. Yes, it was awhile back but LOVED the fact that Margaret ended up with blood on the blue dress! She may have thought that she was innocent up until that point but from then on, the blood was on her hands too! I think that she really does care for Nucky and she's willing to live with a certain amount of sin just to make her family's life easier.

  6. #186
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,571

    Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

    Great insights, tvaholic! I'm going to have to watch the episode again because I don't remember the part about info in the Bible, just the Bible itself. I do find that watching each episode more than once helps me catch subtleties I might not have noticed before.

    I guess it's not over between Angela and Mary; otherwise, why the postcard? I still wonder if Jimmy has forgiven her, or if he's seething underneath and will erupt in season 2. Interesting she got her hair cut, very passive-aggressive.

  7. #187
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

    Sorry, tvaholic! I was under-caffeinated when I posted.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

  8. #188
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,187

    Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

    Does Jimmy realize she wasn't sleeping with the husband yet?
    Yup, with donuts!!

  9. #189
    Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In the blue TV screen light
    Posts
    2,700

    Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

    Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4121266;
    Does Jimmy realize she wasn't sleeping with the husband yet?
    He knows. He asked her if she was in love with her. I think Angela must have put it in her good-bye note.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

  10. #190
    Got wings 9/19/2012 buglover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    CA
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,187

    Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

    When I watched the episode last night, I saw a few hints that Nucky did know what was going on with the poisoning and the bible that was handed to him more than likely had notes from the maid regarding the commodore's intentions of getting rid of Nucky. I didn't expect to see Eli in on the whole thing though. Should be interesting next season!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.