+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 44 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4116754;
    BTW, are Angela and Jimmy married? If they got divorced, she would surely lose her child ... but it looks like that's the plan in any case. I hope Jimmy doesn't kill her.

No, they're not married which I think is just one of the reasons she looked aghast when he told her he wanted them to have another child.

And I must say that she seemed to enjoy having sex with him. Perhaps she's more bi-sexual than lesbian.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4116761;
    They aren't married as far as I know. I have the feeling that Jimmy was involved in them disappearing. We don't know how long in between her leaving the note and Jimmy coming home.....could he have called the store and demanded they leave or he would out the wife? Or kill them?
    Hmmm, I didn't think of that. Interesting point. I was just thinking of that brief moment when the wife kissed her husband in the shop ... could have been a kiss goodbye, or her realization that she really does love him. But it could be that Jimmy chased them both out of town. They sure would have had to pack up and run fast, though, to be gone before Angela got there, and the man to be there sweeping up already. Another interesting plot development with several possible explanations!

Tonight the tv guide is showing it as a new episode.......last night was the new one right? I'm so confused now.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4116952;
    Tonight the tv guide is showing it as a new episode.......last night was the new one right? I'm so confused now.
    Yes, last night was the new episode. It was repeated tonight, and I watched it again. The maid sure did try to snatch those biscuits out of the room when Jimmy came in and seemed upset when the commodore told her to leave them. I also noticed more about the conversation between him and Jimmy, when the commodore told him that "the wrong man" was running Atlantic City. That suggests bad feelings between Nucky and him, so perhaps Nucky was in on the poisoning after all.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4116992;
    Yes, last night was the new episode. It was repeated tonight, and I watched it again. The maid sure did try to snatch those biscuits out of the room when Jimmy came in and seemed upset when the commodore told her to leave them. I also noticed more about the conversation between him and Jimmy, when the commodore told him that "the wrong man" was running Atlantic City. That suggests bad feelings between Nucky and him, so perhaps Nucky was in on the poisoning after all.
    I watched the recast too, and the maid really did seem to be tryiing to get the biscuits out of the room.

Also, Jimmy is surprised when his mom suggests he visit the Commodore. She then tells him that she and the Commodore have been in touch since Jimmy enlisted - he had gotten back in touch with her then because he was worried. So, for at least 2 years, Gillian has had entree to the Commodore,

He's been sick for about that long, maybe? There was also another incident earlier this season of the Commodore vomiting immiedately after eating.

There seems to be a conspiracy to poison him, and the maid must be involved, along with Gillian. It strikes me that they wouldn't consider doing it if Nucky hadn't persuaded them to??
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Nucky must have been the instigator of it. I suppose Gillian could have done it simply to get even for the way the commodore treated her as a child, getting her pregnant and apparently not doing much for her as a young single mother. However, the bigger issue seems to be a power struggle between Nucky and the commodore, and we've seen that Nucky will resort to anything to win. He could have used Gillian and the maid to do the actual dirty work. He apparently helped Gillian financially all those years, so he could very well have called in the favor ... remember Margaret pointed out that Nucky is good at doing that ... and manipulated her into poisoning the food with the cooperation of the maid, who I'm sure had no other choice but to go along with anything Nucky might tell her to do. She's not without guilt, but I hate to see her take the fall for the whole thing.

Finale tonight! The DTV info tab says we'll find the major characters re-evaluating their futures.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Oh how sad, I didn't expect that Nucky's wife had committed suicide after the death of their child.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4120844;
    Oh how sad, I didn't expect that Nucky's wife had committed suicide after the death of their child.
    That was a really moving scene, my favorite of the finale.

Among others, I loved the surprise triumverate of Jimmy, Eli, and the Commodore plotting to take back the city; VanAlden's getting the sign from God he asked for (Lucy's carrying his child): and, Luanne's rescue from prosecution by Nucky.

Did anyone else notice that Annabelle's new meal ticket is the sleazy salesman from Episode 2?

Just gotta say that way back, posting 114, I got it pretty close! I suggested that the baby died in childbirth and the wife possibly committed suicide! I also said that maybe she was depressed and killed the baby! Didn't see it, the part about the baby being dead for days, coming at all, but then again, who could? You had to think along those lines because the very first episode showed Nucky looking at the preemies! Didn't we all know that it must have been something like that? Just like the scene of the maid trying to take the cookies! They made you think that it was Gillian but there was that one little clue with the maid. It's funny that the maid really was the obvious choice because she was living with him and doing the cooking but she was such a minor character that we didn't suspect her! I didn't want to because she was such a saint, putting up with that mean old man! I hope that Nucky gave her enough money to move on! She deserved it!

+ Reply to Thread