+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 46 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Remember when Jimmy first arrived at the Commodore's bedroom door? The maid starts to leave, turns back around (in a hurry) and tries to take away the plate of biscuits. The Commodore yells at her to bring them back! Even though Jimmy confronted Gillian, we never actually heard an answer, just a very guilty look! The maid seemed very nice and caring but I still have to wonder about the scene with her trying to remove the biscuits from the room. It was there for a reason.

Has Gilly been poisoning him all along? He's been very ill for a few episodes and this is the first time I've seen Gilly at the house. When Jimmy asked why she even wanted to be there, she said something like no one should die alone and he's dying......or something like that.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

I hope it's not the maid, but I wondered about that, too. They made sure we saw her try to remove the cookies when Jimmy was there. Maybe she and Gillian have been in cahoots, with Gillian promising her a share of the estate she thinks Jimmy (and therefore she) will inherit when the commodore dies.

I have a question: Why did the commodore want Eli (Nucky's brother) removed as sheriff?

Also, maybe it was because of race relations at the time (or the fact that Van Alden had a gun), but I found it terrible that the preacher would stand there and let Van Alden drown his assistant in the name of Christian baptism!

Only one more episode left! I love this show and will miss it. Will Margaret come back? Will Jimmy harm Angela or make her leave? (He said something to Tommy about how it was going to be just the two of them.) Will somebody please bump off Van Alden!?

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4116615;
    Has Gilly been poisoning him all along? He's been very ill for a few episodes and this is the first time I've seen Gilly at the house. When Jimmy asked why she even wanted to be there, she said something like no one should die alone and he's dying......or something like that.
    I guess that they wanted us to think that. My daughter thinks that Nucky may have paid the maid or Gillian to poison him. Just a side note, the commodore must have been giving his doggie bites of the biscuits! He didn't know it but he killed his own dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4116694;
    I hope it's not the maid, but I wondered about that, too. They made sure we saw her try to remove the cookies when Jimmy was there. Maybe she and Gillian have been in cahoots, with Gillian promising her a share of the estate she thinks Jimmy (and therefore she) will inherit when the commodore dies.

I have a question: Why did the commodore want Eli (Nucky's brother) removed as sheriff?

Also, maybe it was because of race relations at the time (or the fact that Van Alden had a gun), but I found it terrible that the preacher would stand there and let Van Alden drown his assistant in the name of Christian baptism!

Only one more episode left! I love this show and will miss it. Will Margaret come back? Will Jimmy harm Angela or make her leave? (He said something to Tommy about how it was going to be just the two of them.) Will somebody please bump off Van Alden!?
    I wouldn't be surprised if the commodore left everything to his maid! They seemed to have some kind of real relationship. I really hope that it's not her or that she doesn't end up taking the blame for something that Gillian did! I like her! Jimmy said that his dad was going to live but wouldn't the doctor have reported the poisoning to someone? Jimmy certainly wouldn't let his mother get blamed! The maid seems like the obvious choice to pin it on (and she may have actually known about it).
    I was wondering the same thing about the drowning! I felt like the group ,at the river, and the preacher knew that they were screwed if they tried anything. Van Alden will probably pin it on them!
    I want to know what happened to the photographers! Was it a scam of some kind? Angela is doomed now! I hope that Margaret comes back! I think that Nucky will actually miss her! I should want more for her but I want them to be in LOVE! He either has to kill her or marry her! I think that he'll marry her! Hopeless romantic....lol

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4116615;
    I think she wanted to get him to death's door, then have him reunite with Jimmy? And maybe, then, finish him off. Muahahaha.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4116726;
    I think she wanted to get him to death's door, then have him reunite with Jimmy? And maybe, then, finish him off. Muahahaha.
    Ooh, evil laugh there! I don't know ... Nucky could have been involved (get rid of the commodore and he would have more power in AC), or it could have been Gillian, either with or without the maid's help. It was just that the maid tried to snatch those cookies out of the room in a hurry. Why remove them at all? Plus, when Jimmy confronted Gillian with the poison he found, she didn't seem surprised, shocked, upset, concerned, or anything like that. She seemed sort of smirky, as if she knew all about it. That lack of concern didn't jibe with her saying no one should die alone. More like she just wanted to be there to make sure he was dead! I love the way this show keeps you guessing.

In the first or 2nd episode, they showed the commodore ringing that bell over and over and the maid come running from the kitchen. She made all of his meals. It must have been important to the story for her to say she was fixing his supper.
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4116698;
    I wouldn't be surprised if the commodore left everything to his maid! They seemed to have some kind of real relationship. I really hope that it's not her or that she doesn't end up taking the blame for something that Gillian did! I like her! Jimmy said that his dad was going to live but wouldn't the doctor have reported the poisoning to someone? Jimmy certainly wouldn't let his mother get blamed! The maid seems like the obvious choice to pin it on (and she may have actually known about it).
    I was wondering the same thing about the drowning! I felt like the group ,at the river, and the preacher knew that they were screwed if they tried anything. Van Alden will probably pin it on them!
    I want to know what happened to the photographers! Was it a scam of some kind? Angela is doomed now! I hope that Margaret comes back! I think that Nucky will actually miss her! I should want more for her but I want them to be in LOVE! He either has to kill her or marry her! I think that he'll marry her! Hopeless romantic....lol
    I didn't think it was a scam. More like the wife (can't think of her name) was just confused as to who she loved more ... her husband or Angela. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't know what she would have gained from scamming Angela. I wonder what Angela wrote in that note to Jimmy ... whether she admitted being in love with another woman. BTW, are Angela and Jimmy married? If they got divorced, she would surely lose her child ... but it looks like that's the plan in any case. I hope Jimmy doesn't kill her.

They aren't married as far as I know. I have the feeling that Jimmy was involved in them disappearing. We don't know how long in between her leaving the note and Jimmy coming home.....could he have called the store and demanded they leave or he would out the wife? Or kill them?
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread