+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 45 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree90Likes

Thread: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4105456;
    I still think Jimmy is more likely to be a half-brother of Nucky's. Maybe that nasty father of his raped Gillian when she was a young girl. Plus, there was that comment Nucky's brother made a while back, comparing Nucky's treatment of him to the way he treated Jimmy after the episode in the woods, as if he knows Jimmy is also a brother of theirs. If Jimmy were Nucky's son, given the way he's so tender with kids, I just think he would be even more concerned and caring.
    Uncle Nucky. Half-brother Nucky. Daddy Nucky. The possibilities abound. And proshay nailed it. We have to work for it, and we like that.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4105456;
    I still think Jimmy is more likely to be a half-brother of Nucky's. Maybe that nasty father of his raped Gillian when she was a young girl. Plus, there was that comment Nucky's brother made a while back, comparing Nucky's treatment of him to the way he treated Jimmy after the episode in the woods, as if he knows Jimmy is also a brother of theirs. If Jimmy were Nucky's son, given the way he's so tender with kids, I just think he would be even more concerned and caring.
    Yes, He asked if Nucky would have been so easy on him if he was the one that screwed up. Doesn't seem to be the right comparison for a son, only for another brother.

Darn! I thought we were going to find out! I am , however, leaning towards Dabney Coleman!

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4105668;
    Darn! I thought we were going to find out! I am , however, leaning towards Dabney Coleman!
    Me, too. When Jimmy asked Nucky to call his dad, I was thinking : Wow, if Nucky-the-power-monger can't help you, who's the guy on the other end of that phone call going to be?

Possibly the Commodore.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4106179;
    Me, too. When Jimmy asked Nucky to call his dad, I was thinking : Wow, if Nucky-the-power-monger can't help you, who's the guy on the other end of that phone call going to be?

Possibly the Commodore.
    Or someone that we haven't been introduced to, yet!

I think Jimmy's dad is the head of the FBI. He's obviously someone very high up in something and as soon as he heard that they had a witness suddenly the other agent suggests that they move him to a more secure location...Plus, the head of the FBI kept trying to keep the agent from doing anything about the murders..... hmmmmm the wheels in my head are turning!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;4106512;
    I think Jimmy's dad is the head of the FBI. He's obviously someone very high up in something and as soon as he heard that they had a witness suddenly the other agent suggests that they move him to a more secure location...Plus, the head of the FBI kept trying to keep the agent from doing anything about the murders..... hmmmmm the wheels in my head are turning!
    Yeah! The expression on Supervisor Elliot's face when he hung up the phone after praising Van Alden was anything but "pleased". And it seems pretty clear he's been subverting Van Alden's efforts by using Slebso: interception of the telegram, Slebso letting Nucky visit Jimmy for "10 minutes," his mentioning wanting to keep his job to Van Alden, and KILLING Billy (the eyewitness). It does seem pretty clear that Elliot doesn't want to interfere with Jimmy (or maybe Nucky?), but not why. I think they have a trick or two up their sleeves to reveal yet.

I thought that Kathy Brier did an excellent job as Sophie Tucker on Sunday's episode. Whenever I had a sick day or holiday I would watch One Life to Live on ABC. She played a girl named Marcy. I had to rewind a couple of times to make sure it was her.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn;4106967;
    I thought that Kathy Brier did an excellent job as Sophie Tucker on Sunday's episode. Whenever I had a sick day or holiday I would watch One Life to Live on ABC. She played a girl named Marcy. I had to rewind a couple of times to make sure it was her.
    She was really good on stage on this episode. She was really channeling Sophie! I had no idea Kathy had such stage presence as a performer. I wonder if she's done live theater or musicals.

Poppy Fields: I had to Google her to be sure it was her. It seems that she's been on Broadway for a while. Who knew!

+ Reply to Thread