+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

I'll have to go back and watch. I stayed up until 3am watching the episodes on demand so they may have run together...lol
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

We have found that we have to watch each episode a minimum of 2-3 times!! And I Am Talking About The Brilliant Minds On This Board!!!

Once is just not enough.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'm going to have a marathon tonight. I'll rewatch them and pay close attention. Kids are out, hubby is gone for the evening........gonna curl up with a glass of wine and watch.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Ok, sorry for a double post but did anyone else find the war vet with half a face creepier after he put his "face" on? That is so creepy!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Whatever the relationship is,between Jimmy and Nucky, I just hope that they tell us before this season ends! I think that the way that Nucky brought Harding's girlfriend and baby back to AC says something. I think that Jimmy and is mother may have been hidden in the same way. Nucky mentioned being somewhere with Jimmy and his father. We know that Jimmy wasn't or isn't close to this person (whether he is the biological father or not). Who is this mystery man. Nucky must have been friends with him or they wouldn't have been at a parade (?) together with a little Jimmy. Jimmy mother is so young, way too young to have a son Jimmy's age. Was she raped by one of the old men (Nucky's dad or Dabney Coleman) years before? Would Nucky (a good Catholic boy) and married and (I think) in love with his wife (at the time?) have had sex with such a young girl? I think that Jimmy must be some kind of relation but I still don't think a son. I think that the writers have too many tricks up their sleeves to make it that simple.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Nucky's bringing Warren Harding's mistress and love child back to AC was part of the political bargain he made to keep Senator Edge from getting the nomination for VP at the convention.

But it played right into Nucky's basic inclination toward sympathy for infants with young mothers. Gillian, presumably, was only 13 or 14 when she gave birth to Jimmy, so she was a very young mother. However Nucky came to befriend her, we know he would have been inclined to do so. We don't know whether or or not Nucky was married at the time.

I don't know if we'll learn the roots of the Nucky/Jimmy relationship this season. They may let us just keep trying to peel that particular onion for awhile.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4105426;
    Nucky's bringing Warren Harding's mistress and love child back to AC was part of the political bargain he made to keep Senator Edge from getting the nomination for VP at the convention.

But it played right into Nucky's basic inclination toward sympathy for infants with young mothers. Gillian, presumably, was only 13 or 14 when she gave birth to Jimmy, so she was a very young mother. However Nucky came to befriend her, we know he would have been inclined to do so. We don't know whether or or not Nucky was married at the time.

I don't know if we'll learn the roots of the Nucky/Jimmy relationship this season. They may let us just keep trying to peel that particular onion for awhile.
    Sure, AND possibly Jimmy came into Nucky's family through some kind of political bargain also! That's what I was saying. I was also saying that we don't know if it was Gillian ,or Jimmy's father (?), that Nucky had a relationship with. No, we don't know if Nucky was married at the time. It could have been before, during or after his marriage. I still don't see Nucky having sex with a 13 or 14 year old girl (even though girls got married younger in those days) and he was younger back then also. It doesn't seem to fit his MO. If they were both the same age then yes but he's quite a bit older than her.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hope that they make us WORK FOR IT!!!! That is part of the beauty of this show...how we have to work! They may lay out the roadmap for the answer, but just no confirm it until next season.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

I still think Jimmy is more likely to be a half-brother of Nucky's. Maybe that nasty father of his raped Gillian when she was a young girl. Plus, there was that comment Nucky's brother made a while back, comparing Nucky's treatment of him to the way he treated Jimmy after the episode in the woods, as if he knows Jimmy is also a brother of theirs. If Jimmy were Nucky's son, given the way he's so tender with kids, I just think he would be even more concerned and caring.

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tvaholic;4105446;
    Sure, AND possibly Jimmy came into Nucky's family through some kind of political bargain also! That's what I was saying. I was also saying that we don't know if it was Gillian ,or Jimmy's father (?), that Nucky had a relationship with. No, we don't know if Nucky was married at the time. It could have been before, during or after his marriage. I still don't see Nucky having sex with a 13 or 14 year old girl (even though girls got married younger in those days) and he was younger back then also. It doesn't seem to fit his MO. If they were both the same age then yes but he's quite a bit older than her.
    I had not thought of the possibility that Jimmy and Gillian came into Nucky's life as part of a political deal. Makes sense to me!

Nucky would probably have been only a little older than Jimmy is now, back then. Dabney's starting to look good to me as the baby daddy, too.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

+ Reply to Thread