+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 44 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree69Likes

Thread: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Boardwalk Empire on HBO

OK.....back to watch the episode again.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Vidiot 13 is a Winner Champion Poppy Fields's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4101865;
    OK.....back to watch the episode again.
    I had to watch the episode again, too, before I realized it was Angela counting the money.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

It cracks me up that I seem to miss the obvious....although I don't think that money issue was......that other people don't miss!!! Instead of having to watch an episode twice, which is my norm for those shows that I love......I'm turning into a 3-4 times watcher!! Geez...and I always say that my sister was not my mother's brightest child..... I'm guessing that she'd be having an even rougher time than I am, but you never know.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I have a problem keeping the names straight! Who is Van Alden? I am sure I know but its escaping me right now. I'm also 1 episode behind. I think. I just saw the one where he burned his father's house down.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4102195;
    It cracks me up that I seem to miss the obvious....although I don't think that money issue was......that other people don't miss!!! Instead of having to watch an episode twice, which is my norm for those shows that I love......I'm turning into a 3-4 times watcher!! Geez...and I always say that my sister was not my mother's brightest child..... I'm guessing that she'd be having an even rougher time than I am, but you never know.
    pro, I find that I'm watching it 3 or 4 times a week, too! There's always some nuance I miss on the first airing. A lot of little details from previous episodes are being woven together week to week. This show is so well done, each episode is like little movie.

PGM35, Van Alden is the Federal agent with the office in the Post Office who's out to arrest Jimmy and, intimately, put Nucky behind bars.
    "Blessed is the lonesome pioneer." -- Judee Sill (1973, "There's a Rugged Road")

And please don't leave out that Van Alden is also the resident freak of the movie! He's what they used to call a "Revenuer"! And he's got this sick fixation on Nucky's girlfriend, Margaret.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4102446;
    And please don't leave out that Van Alden is also the resident freak of the movie! He's what they used to call a "Revenuer"! And he's got this sick fixation on Nucky's girlfriend, Margaret.
    Ah! I never knew his name!!! LOL - yeah, he's sort of a freak. That was in the episode I watched yesterday too - I think I am just missing Sunday's (Nov 7th).

Quote Originally Posted by Poppy Fields;4094992;
    Her nose is itching and she is curious about Mrs. Schroeder so she insists that Margaret disrobe in front of her to model tacky lingerie. She makes unkind remarks about Margaret's breasts, and Margaret's response was a knowing little smile, and a "he doesn't seem to mind." No name mentioned, but Lucy has put 2 and 2 together in her street smart way. She's a slut. Margaret is not, and she hates her for that.

I think Nucky is going to try to keep them both. He lives with Lucy, so Margaret (at the moment) is his back street babe.
    Loved the scene where Margaret put Lucy down in the dressing room. But she has many more to contend with - the lady that dropped off her kids with her and the "sitter".

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;4102446;
    Yeah! and he's a ribbon sniffer and a flagellant.

Now I'm going to have to watch it again, I thought Van Alden actually put his name on the envelope to Angela. Was it his conscience that got to him, or is the weirdo up to something?

I'm going to hate when this season ends...I really look forward to this show!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread