+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The Big C ~ Showtime

Re: The Big C ~ Showtime

It's actually Cathy who bugged me this season. I don't know how to put it into words without looking like a clueless idiot. She's so self involved, not taking into account how her diagnosis is affecting those who love her. Or how her crazy actions are affecting everyone. Really a baby?? At her age and with her diagnosis? Leaving Paul to pick up the pieces and his health isn't well either. Sometimes I love the antics she gets up to .. that a person normally wouldn't because she has nothing to lose, like forcing the fraudulent parents out of the car at gunpoint. But mostly her crap has annoyed me this season.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I think I have all but the finale. I can't believe that I missed recording it. Oh well, I will see it soon enough.

I can see where Cathy could get on your nerves pretty bad. I guess I have more patience than some, because I know many very difficult people. LOL Really. She still makes me laugh.

I actually liked Paul more this season than ever. And I would have found it amusing to watch him and Joy interact, even though Joy was quite horrible.

Something tells me if next season is the finale for the series, it will be a tearjerker. I'm not sure I can watch a scene of Cathy dying.

I never did catch that finale episode, but I did just get Showtime back and I watched the first two hours of their last season. It's bitter sweet, I guess.

I'm not one to focus on size, but I was rather shocked at Gaborey's weight gain in this last season from the previous season. Did anyone notice that? Granted, she is plus size and I have no issue with it, but IMO, she appeared to put on a large amount of weight in just that one season. It worries me, because I do worry about her health. It just causes my mind to go there and I don't focus on the characters as much. I researched her and she is set to appear in the next season of American Horror Story. I can't wait. I love that show.

I don't want to see Cathy's doctor die on this show. Alan Alda looks EXACTLY like my father. It's crazy how much they are alike in height, body type, hair, everything.....

The first two episodes are making me sad, sad, sad......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345