+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Big C ~ Showtime

Re: The Big C ~ Showtime

When Time Warner ran free Showtime last weekend, I recorded all the episodes of the Big C and Nurse Jackie, so I'm now just watching. I'll come back to post soon!

yay! I don't know anyone else who is watching this show and the other posters in this thread seem to have lost interest
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

It's mystery why more don't like the show. Maybe they are like me and gave up Showtime.

It was such a treat to catch up. I haven't counted how many there are. I wonder if I got the finale or not. Have they aired the finale? I'm going to be really disappointed if I got all the episodes except for the finale? I think that's what happened to me on Nurse Jackie. Oh well......lol.

I've only watched the first couple of episodes so far. I love Cathy's doctor. Alan Alda looks EXACTLY like my dad. It's so funny to watch him on tv.

I love Susan Sarandan too. I didn't think I would like Paul still being around, but it's working out pretty well. I do question why Cathy is smoking at that bar. She is getting better so why do something so destructive? I can't figure that out.

Cathy's brother just cracks me up. He's too funny.

I like Andrea, but she is just too full of herself this season. I'm finding it a turnoff.
    Last edited by Debb70; 06-20-2012 at 09:58 AM.

hang in there Debb, it gets better and the bar is explained although not until episode 9. Episode 10 is the season finale and I was disappointed.

OH, thanks for the heads up. I'll have to check and see if I got the finale. When did it air?

just this past week

Oh my. If it aired Sunday night, I don't think I got it.......I pray I did. If not, I may have to wait until September.

I have read that many fans did not like the finale. In fact, they were quite disappointed. I have read a summary of what happened, so I kind of know. But that's okay. I like knowing the ending before I watch something. It's fine with me.

They wonder where Cathy is going and if she will come back to her family. I have also heard next season will be the last season.

well it is a show about cancer so there really should be a finite timeline. I didn't like the finale it was meh. More of a mid-season show, there was nothing to bring me back next season

I'm tired of the son's storyline.......I just want him to go away to a school somewhere so we don't have to see him. Cathy just heard from her husband that he wanted it over and she was told her cancer was back and spreading. Her husband seems to be moving on with his life that doesn't include her. I think she will come back and hopefully it will be more of her and her brother taking on this cancer. My son has terminal cancer and was supposed to be gone a year ago. Clinical trials and such can work for a bit and then stop working but it does buy a lot more time than expected for living. I wasn't crazy about this season but living through this I can totally comprehend how it feels to just want to escape. This show brings me a bit of comic relief to a horrible situation and the acting is great. I'm so glad Joy is gone though!!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Last season I thought it would have been perfect for Paul to have died with that heart attack and then Cathy could have picked up with a new love interest.

I agree about her son. He is beyond annoying, but I guess they want to convey how teens really are.

Depending on my available time, I may catch up on most of the season this weekend. I almost hate to finish seeing them though. They do make me laugh.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast