+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Emmy Awards

Re: 2010 Emmy Awards

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4052682;
    Loved the opening number.

I watched Jon and his girlfriend on the E preshow.
    What i really like about the guy is ythat he seems really mundane and kind of nerdy. He's definitely not stuck on himself like most guys in Hollywood are. So refreshing!
    I have seen him in a couple of interviews. (Once on Oprah.) He is very unassuming. He is very humble and does not appear to be very confident. I think it may be because he does few interviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4053000;
    I have seen him in a couple of interviews. (Once on Oprah.) He is very unassuming. He is very humble and does not appear to be very confident. I think it may be because he does few interviews.
    I kind of get the feeling that even if he does a lot of interviews, he'll stay pretty humble and unassuming. He just appears to be a really grounded guy. Quite a rarity in this town.
    His girlfriend is a lucky girl.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4053000;
    I'd say he's plenty confident: he's just not arrogant.

Mad Men is the cover story for the nest issue of Rolling Stone. Jon is on the cover with Christina Hendricks, Elizabeth Moss and January Jones. I just read an excerpt, but it looks like a pretty good article
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4051898;
    I thought Jennifer looked terrific. I liked the dress, I liked the hair and the jewelry. I've been a fan of hers for a long time - I knew who she was long before I knew who Jon was. I think she always looks beautiful on his arm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4053048;
    I'd say he's plenty confident: he's just not arrogant.
    So great of you to acknowledge Jennifer, Crit. She is so talented and, yet, sometimes perceptions of success have a way of inauthentically skewing what intrinsic value is. And Jon is nothing if not confident. Kindness and vulnerability do not negate confidence. The Financial Times also did an article several weeks ago on Mad Men that I just found as I sent my hoarderish back stack of FTs to the recycling bin today. I also found it online but I’ll post it over in that thread, though…
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4053426;
    So great of you to acknowledge Jennifer, Crit. She is so talented and, yet, sometimes perceptions of success have a way of inauthentically skewing what intrinsic value is. And Jon is nothing if not confident. Kindness and vulnerability do not negate confidence. The Financial Times also did an article several weeks ago on Mad Men that I just found as I sent my hoarderish back stack of FTs to the recycling bin today. I also found it online but I’ll post it over in that thread, though…
    I think she's incredibly talented. I LOVED Kissing Jessica Stein, which is the first thing I saw her in. That conversation about lipstick in the cab was classic! In fact, when MM started, I recognized Jon as having played that small part in her movie!

After looking at lots of red carpet pics, I have to say, I wish more actresses had dressed like Keri Russell did. She looked so breezy and summery and NOT like she was wearing 800 pounds of dark fabric. I loved her candy pink halter dress. Not many could pull off that style, but she looked adorable.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I like Jennifer (Jon Hamm's girlfriend) as an actress. Loved the movie Kissing Jessica Stein, however, I thought she didn't even try to pull off a great look at the Emmy's.

Did anyone see Claire Danes? What did she have done to herself? I would NEVER have reconized her if not told who she was. It was unreal. I remember her as a teen when she appeared int My So Called Life. It was a very good show IMO. Many voted her best dressed at the Emmys.

Here's a link of her. It's photo #2.
    Emmy Awards 2010: Who Was Best-Dressed? (PHOTOS, POLL)

Here's one when she was on that show. I realize she has aged since then, but she dosen't look like an older version. She looks completely different.

My So-Called Life, Claire Danes, ... | 1995: A Special Year? | Photo 1 of 28 | EW.com
    Last edited by Debb70; 09-02-2010 at 11:31 AM.

We'll just agree to disagree about Jennifer at the Emmys, Debb. I thought she looked fantastic.

Claire is a natural blonde, so the color from my so-called life was never what she really looked like. She went back to her natural color many years ago. Plus, she's not a teenager any more.

On a related note, I watched Temple Grandin this week and I have to say, Claire absolutely deserved the Emmy. I actually forgot it was her. She totally transformed herself and became that person.

I saw Claire on the new Latisse ads - she replaced Brooke Shields as the spokesperson - and, yes, I did not recognize her. I think she's a terrific actress, but she does look quite different.
    I think she looks quite lovely, but it goes beyond just getting older. She's had some work done. Not at all a surprise in Hollywood.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 09-02-2010 at 04:00 PM.

Do you know who Claire Danes resembled at the Emmy's IMO? In the face, she looked like Heidi Blum. LOL REally.

+ Reply to Thread