+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Emmy Awards

Re: 2010 Emmy Awards

Who was the young girl with long, dark hair who joined the group in the hallway? I didn't recognize her.
    I assume you aren't talking about Lea Michele, right?

EDIT - One of the articles I read just said that an actress named Nina Dobrev was in that group. Apparently she's on that CW Vampire show. Her age and pictures seem to suggest she's who you might be talking about. Why she was randomly part of that group is strange--maybe even moreso than Hurley or stupid annoying Randy Jackson.

Her, right?

Last edited by Krom; 08-29-2010 at 11:53 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4051622;
    I assume you aren't talking about Lea Michele, right?
    No, I know who Lea is. There was another young girl who joined in as that group was coming down the hallway - around the time that Jorge and Joel joined in.

AH, maybe it was Nina Dobrev. I don't watch Vampire Diaries, so that would explain why I didn't recognize her right away.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Thrilled for Eric Stonestreet... I, too, was afraid that the Modern Family guys would cancel each other out. I was hoping for NPH if that happened, afraid it might be Jon Cryer, but I'm very happy for Eric Stonestreet. I love Modern Family, so I was happy to see its win. It makes sense, too, with all of the "return of the family comedy" type praise it was getting... after sitcoms were left for dead a couple years back, this was probably the natural choice to take the award.

And, as I said elsewhere, I'm very happy for Jim Parsons. Love Sheldon, love him.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4051615;
    They seriously need to give Betty White and Jon Hamm a show together. That bit with them at the beginning of the show was hilarious.
    That was adorable! Why does Mad Men always win but Jon always get dissed, Crit?
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg;4051627;
    That was adorable! Why does Mad Men always win but Jon always get dissed, Crit?
    I have no idea. I don't understand why the critics and voters are all gaga over Bryan Cranston. I always root for either Jon or Michael C. Hall to win for Best Actor. I love them equally, so I don't care which of them wins, but BC? I just don't get it.

Jon will eventually win awards for something, even if it's not MM. Maybe the voters look at MM as such an ensemble piece that they don't single out one actor. NONE of the actors has ever won anything, although I think that, in several cases, they've deserved it. I especially think John Slattery deserved the win this year.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4051634;
    I have no idea. I don't understand why the critics and voters are all gaga over Bryan Cranston. I always root for either Jon or Michael C. Hall to win for Best Actor. I love them equally, so I don't care which of them wins, but BC? I just don't get it.

Jon will eventually win awards for something, even if it's not MM. Maybe the voters look at MM as such an ensemble piece that they don't single out one actor. NONE of the actors has ever won anything, although I think that, in several cases, they've deserved it. I especially think John Slattery deserved the win this year.
    Hopefully Jon won't fall victim to the Martin Sheen curse. The West Wing won Best Drama 4 years in a row, and most of the cast won Emmys, but Martin Sheen got shut out every year for Best Actor: twice by James Spader, three times by James Gandolfini, and also by Keifer Sutherland and Michael Chiklis.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

I missed the opening number but caught a clip of it online. It would have been funny if Jimmy Fallon had reached down into the audience and brought Courtney Cox on stage. Even though Bruce did that for Born in the USA, I think enough people would have gotten it.

I was glad that Man Men won again for Best Drama. Jon Hamm has been named by some as the Best Dressed Man at the award show. Here's a photo of him and he his girlfriend. She is an actress too. I would have thought she would have taken more care to get a great dress and really groom herself for this event. You know she would like for her career to get a shot in the arm the way Jon's has.

Her dress is all wrong for her. It does nothing for her and is ill fitting. Her hair and jewelry doesn't work either. It's sad. It makes it even worse that she is standing next to perfection.
    Jon Hamm & Jennifer Westfeldt - Emmys 2010 Red Carpet | jon hamm jennifer westfeldt emmys 2010 red carpet 01 - Photo Gallery | Just Jared

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4051763;
    I was glad that Man Men won again for Best Drama. Jon Hamm has been named by some as the Best Dressed Man at the award show. Here's a photo of him and he his girlfriend. She is an actress too. I would have thought she would have taken more care to get a great dress and really groom herself for this event. You know she would like for her career to get a shot in the arm the way Jon's has.

Her dress is all wrong for her. It does nothing for her and is ill fitting. Her hair and jewelry doesn't work either. It's sad. It makes it even worse that she is standing next to perfection.
    Jon Hamm & Jennifer Westfeldt - Emmys 2010 Red Carpet | jon hamm jennifer westfeldt emmys 2010 red carpet 01 - Photo Gallery | Just Jared
    I thought Jennifer looked terrific. I liked the dress, I liked the hair and the jewelry. I've been a fan of hers for a long time - I knew who she was long before I knew who Jon was. I think she always looks beautiful on his arm.

MFW - I hope you're right about Jon not ever getting an Emmy. It's strange how certain actors get recognized regardless of whether or not the critics (or the viewers) think he or she deserves it.

Loved the opening number.

I watched Jon and his girlfriend on the E preshow.
    What i really like about the guy is ythat he seems really mundane and kind of nerdy. He's definitely not stuck on himself like most guys in Hollywood are. So refreshing!
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread