+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Emmy Awards

Re: 2010 Emmy Awards

Why would someone even BUY earings that cost that much? I mean.... 2 million dollars... that's a lot of TV on DVD!!!

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler;4051597;
    Why would someone even BUY earings that cost that much? I mean.... 2 million dollars... that's a lot of TV on DVD!!!
    She doesn't own them, just borrowing them for the night. But if I had loaned out my $2 million dollar earrings, I would want to make sure that they are seen.

Drama series winner is...... Mad Men, of course!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Mad Men wins for Drama Show

Quote Originally Posted by Twiddler;4051597;
    Jewelers loan actresses things to wear for awards shows, etc. They have to go back after the show.

You know, as much as I LOVE MM, I'm not sure it deserved to win this year. I thought True Blood and Dexter had stronger seasons last year. THIS season of MM is spectacular so far, but I thought season 3 was weaker than the previous two seasons

Now we just have Comedy series and that's it. It will probably be Modern Family, although I'll admit I'd love it if Glee won. The Golden Globes is usually the show where there are big surprises, so Glee probably got its Best Comedy award already this year.

Usually, the only jewelry an actress wears that she OWNS at awards show is her wedding ring!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4051595;
    She's in my top three for worst dressed along with Anna Paquin and Christina Hendricks.

Kyra Sedgwick gets best dress, but not best dressed because I didn't like her hair or accessories.
    I agree with you and january Jones, Anna Paquin, and Christina Hendricks. Also, for badly dressed...look for pictures of Naya Rivera (she plays Santana on Glee) and, Lo Bosworth, Mindy Kaling. I also don't like Kyra Sedwick or Emily Deschenal's dresses. I think they are just too much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4051603;
    You know, as much as I LOVE MM, I'm not sure it deserved to win this year. I thought True Blood and Dexter had stronger seasons last year. THIS season of MM is spectacular so far, but I thought season 3 was weaker than the previous two seasons

Now we just have Comedy series and that's it. It will probably be Modern Family, although I'll admit I'd love it if Glee won. The Golden Globes is usually the show where there are big surprises, so Glee probably got its Best Comedy award already this year.

Usually, the only jewelry an actress wears that she OWNS at awards show is her wedding ring!
    Nice call on Modern Family

I'm so happy that Modern Family won. That show is so damn funny! Each show is so well written in every little detail. I was also happy about "Sheldon" winning for the Big Bang. Talk about a perfect actor for a perfect role!

They're re-running the show on the West coast right now, so I watched the opening number again. Who was the young girl with long, dark hair who joined the group in the hallway? I didn't recognize her.

They seriously need to give Betty White and Jon Hamm a show together. That bit with them at the beginning of the show was hilarious.

I must say, although I love Lauren Graham, that dress she wore was hideous. It looked like a black gown with a t-shirt sewn onto it.

+ Reply to Thread