+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Emmy Awards

Re: 2010 Emmy Awards

Well, Julianna got snubbed for her Emmy, but at least she gets to talk about her buddy George.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4051561;
    So how does this streaming work? Are people walking around outside during commercials or is it replaying the pre-show?

Edit: Oh it must be a recording because you can rewind and fast-forward it. Wow, what is Anna Paquin wearing?
    I was hoping for some backstage footage but it looks like its just a recording of the pre-show.

I did laugh when the host of that show was talking aobut the gift lounge and said Kate Gosselin had been in. No kiddin'.
    I'd hate to have been behind her in the queue.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

During the pre-show they said that January Jones had $2million earring on. Too bad you can't see them because of her hair.

I'm pleased David Strathairn won.

I've never found Claire Danes very attractive but I tihnk she looks rather lovely tonight.
    Oh, In Memoriam coming up.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Now it's time to grab the Kleenex. Really pretty song by Jewel.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4051572;
    Now it's time to grab the Kleenex. Really pretty song by Jewel.
    I was tear-free until they got to Lynn Redgrave
    "That's Numberwang!"

I started tearing up when it got to Maury Chaykin, myself.

Oh, I cry through the whole thing every time. I'm a big softie. I was a big, soggy mess by the time they got to Lynn Redgrave.

I'm glad they DIDN'T focus on Jewel the whole time and showed the screen with the people who passed. I think it was the Oscars one year where they kept doing "creative" camera work, panning around and you couldn't read the names on the big screen. Yeah, I don't care who's singing. I can hear them. Show me the screen.

I've always liked Claire Danes. I mean, she's not even on the long list of people I'd like to have lunch with, but I enjoy her work. I don't think she's beautiful, but I think she's got style and she's got an adorable husband.

Blair Underwood! So happy to see Maura Tierny. Love her. I'm happy she's back working and came through her cancer treatment well. The short hair is really working for her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4051482;
    Am I the only one who doesn't think Nurse Jackie is particularly funny?
    Edie Falco agrees with you

Edie Falco was asked if tonight's Emmy win for lead actress in a comedy felt any different than previous Emmys and she said "I am just in shock, I don't think of it (Nurse Jackie) as a funny show. It is funny but funny is not what I would say is its forte."
    Edie Falco says she just doesn't think her show is funny - USATODAY.com

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4051581;
    Oh, I cry through the whole thing every time. I'm a big softie. I was a big, soggy mess by the time they got to Lynn Redgrave.

I'm glad they DIDN'T focus on Jewel the whole time and showed the screen with the people who passed. I think it was the Oscars one year where they kept doing "creative" camera work, panning around and you couldn't read the names on the big screen. Yeah, I don't care who's singing. I can hear them. Show me the screen.

I've always liked Claire Danes. I mean, she's not even on the long list of people I'd like to have lunch with, but I enjoy her work. I don't think she's beautiful, but I think she's got style and she's got an adorable husband.

Blair Underwood! So happy to see Maura Tierny. Love her. I'm happy she's back working and came through her cancer treatment well. The short hair is really working for her.
    I've never liked Maura Tierney, always found her to be such a misery, but I was so sad to hear she was ill.
    She looks fantastic tonight. The dress looks lovely on her and short hair really suits her too.
    Temple Grandin's getting a lot of acting awards.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread