+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubicon (AMC)

Rubicon (AMC)

AMC's NEWEST ORIGINAL SERIES: RUBICON

AMC production on Rubicon, its newest original drama series, began on Monday, March 29 in New York City. The show is a conspiracy thriller starring James Badge Dale (who earlier this year headlined HBO’s The Pacific) as an analyst at a New York City-based federal intelligence agency who is thrown into a story where nothing is as it appears to be. Henry Bromell (Homicide, Chicago Hope, Brotherhood) has signed on as showrunner. The one-hour, 13-episode weekly series is produced by Warner Horizon Television and premieres this summer.

"Rubicon is an incredible story about trust and power born out of the desire to find a way to capture the intensity and mystery of the best conspiracy thrillers in a series. It is a show that appeals to everyone who has some skepticism about the relationship between big business and our government, which we think is pretty much everybody,” said Joel Stillerman, SVP of original programming, production and digital content for AMC. “Our stellar cast and creative team allow us to continue to present premium television on basic cable."

The series cast includes James Badge Dale (The Pacific, The Departed), Oscar®-nominated actress Miranda Richardson (Sleepy Hollow), Dallas Roberts (Walk the Line, Flicka, The L Word), Jessica Collins (The Nine, CSI: Crime Scene Investigation), Christopher Evan Welch (Vicky Cristina Barcelona), Lauren Hodges (Law & Order), and Arliss Howard (Full Metal Jacket, Natural Born Killers, The Sandlot).
    Rubicon - AMC

The show premieres tonight before Mad Men. I really like James Badge Dale and the rest of the cast is good too. The premise is intriguing. I'll definitely be watching
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Re: Rubicon (AMC)

On a related note, I just found out recently, that James Badge Dale's mother was Anita Morris, who did a lot of episodic TV in the 70's and 80's as well as a lot of stage work. I wouldn't have known her by name, but as soon as I saw her picture, I remembered her: Anita Morris
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I remember Anita Morris, Critical. She was a very good Broadway dancer and worked a lot with the fantastic Tommy Tune.

I do plan to watch the first two episodes of Rubicon tonight. It sounds promising.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

That's how I remember Anita, Florimel. I grew up dancing and Tommy Tune has always been a favorite of mine. She was wonderful and so sexy in kind of a Mae West way.

Although I'm not a fan of Breaking Bad, I'm a BIG fan of Mad Men. I have high hopes for this one. I think MM definitely paved the way for AMC to do more original dramas.

I like it, but I don't love it.. yet. I'm willing to give it more time, but I really feel lost at times and yet, the plot is really moving at a somewhat slow pace. I have to say, I'm definitely intrigued. Intrigued enough to continue watching at least for a little while.

I kind of feel the same way, canadianangel, and I will also give it more time to develop. I did record episodes 1 and 2 and I'm planning to watch them straight through to try to get a better feel for what's going on.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I'm definitely hooked! The plot has sucked me in and I think it is very intelligently written.

Good performances all around too.
    Ain't Love Grand!

I did finally get sucked in two weeks ago, so I'm glad I stuck with it. The plot is hard to keep straight but I am starting to feel like the characters are fleshing out.

I'm not sure if anyone is left watching, but did anyone get the feeling at that meeting between Kale and Bloom that they used to be lovers?

The casting in this is excellent. Spengler (?) seems exactly how I picture these guys. I loved the tie speech.

Oh, and I like that it's not just computers, computers, and more computers with guns thrown in. All of these intelligence folks are there with pencil and paper cracking down to work. In fact, the only computers I've noticed have been like card catalogs, telling them where to find the real information.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I'm definitely still watching. It's an engrossing story for me. I will probably wind up renting it and watching the whole series from start to finish, which will help me get a better handle on all the interweaving intricacies. I tend to stay with shows that encourage me to think.

Great episode last night...

I found it interesting that when Will returned home (just before he was attacked), he looked over at Andy's place and saw all her lights were out, and then after the attack she shows up.

I'm back to thinking that she's a Truxton minion.
    Ain't Love Grand!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast