+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Covert Affairs on USA

Covert Affairs on USA

Did anyone else watch the pilot? It's got a great cast (Peter Gallagher, Kari Matchett, Christopher Gorham, Anne Dudek). Piper Perabo plays the lead character. I enjoyed the pilot and will definitely watch again. As wth most USA shows, the pilot episode will show several more times during the week. Original showing are scheduled on Tuesdays.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Re: Covert Affairs on USA

I saw it Florimel! I think it was of my favorite series pilots from USA - which means it probably won't last The ensemble was great (I especially liked the blind agent - very unique for TV!) and I liked the mix of "spy story" and drama. I'll definitely be watching again.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

There was certainly an intensity about the pilot. There were two discrepancies that did tick me off and that was the opening polygraph scene with the heroine answering with non yes or no responses and later on her first day on the job without even saying her oath (therefore not even an employee and she is in employee parking) she miraculously found an open parking spot right in front of the building. That was totally unbelievable.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

LOVE Christopher Gorham, so I want the show to last. Given his previous shows (Out of Practice, Medical Investigations, Jake 2.0) I'm not really all that optimistic.

As for Covert Affairs: I do like the ex-boyfriend is the real motive angle. Should be interesting.

As for Christopher Gorham: My favorite was Medical Investigations. Wish they'd bring that back.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I like this show & I think it has a more than good chance of getting extended.

Wasn't Christopher Gorham on the successful Ugly Betty? In any case, USA seems to give their shows more of a chance than many other networks. I rewatched the pilot last night and I am optimistic.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I just read that this show had a viewing audience of 5 million for the first week. That seems to be more than enough to keep it around for awhile.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3991217;
    Wasn't Christopher Gorham on the successful Ugly Betty? In any case, USA seems to give their shows more of a chance than many other networks. I rewatched the pilot last night and I am optimistic.

Yup, he sure was, and I loved him on that show too! Covert Affairs is off to a good start. I like it so far.

We watched it. I missed the first showing, but then recorded it later in the week. It's now on a season pass, so I shouldn't be missing anymore. USA is building up the shows we all watch. First Burn Notice, then White Collar and now Covert Affairs.

We did enjoy the show, the storyline and the actors.

I absolutely love Christopher Gorham, which is why I tuned in. Loved him on Harper's Island, and I love his character on CA.

I noted in the opening credits that he's billed right after Piper, so I expect his role to continue to be fairly large.

I also love Kari Manchett, she co-starred with Timothy Hutton on Leverage and they also co-starred together on the Nero Wolfe mysteries put out by A&E some time ago.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast