+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Covert Affairs on USA

Re: Covert Affairs on USA

ITA that PP is the weakest link. I don't love her or hate her: I don't watch anything because she's in it, but I don't avoid things she's in either. She's definitely outmatched on this show. It's like Barbie goes to DC. She' just doesn't have much range as an actress. Coyote Ugly was about it for her. She's one that probably wouldn't have a career if she didn't look the way she looks.

That being said, I am enjoying the show. Christopher Gorham definitely makes the show for me. There was a second last night - when they were on the train and right after the reveal that they were on the OTHER train - where I thought he could actually see. When he "looked" across the table at her I had looked away for a second and, when I looked up, I couldn't tell if he was actually looking at her. For the entire commercial break I was trying to figure out all the possible scenarios if he really wasn't blind!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;4048005;
    I'd say Piper Perabo is the weakest acting link in this show, but the rest of the cast makes up for it, and even she is better than I anticipated. Last night's episode featuring Christopher Gorham was wonderful.
    ITA! Can you imagine how spectacular this show would be if they had a super-talented actress in the lead role? Don't get me wrong, PP is doing okay but Gorham & Mohinder (he will awlays be Mohinder from Heroes to me! (but his real name is Ramamurthy)) outshine her in every scene.

he is just so damned handsome I can't take my eyes off of him when he's onscreen.. Ramamurthy that is, although Christopher Gorham is nothing to sneeze at.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;4054236;
    he is just so damned handsome I can't take my eyes off of him when he's onscreen.. Ramamurthy that is, although Christopher Gorham is nothing to sneeze at.
    and if they would bring back Oded Fehr as a regular (the mossad agent guest star) - I would go to bed a happy, happy lady.
    Or would that be hunk overload?
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;4054242;
    and if they would bring back Oded Fehr as a regular (the mossad agent guest star) - I would go to bed a happy, happy lady.
    Or would that be hunk overload?
    on that! No overload for me whatsover.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I am loving this show. My favorite of the summer season. I'm not up on the acting credentials like the rest of you, but I enjoy seeing actors I've seen and appreciated: her sister...her boss...her boss' husband...Mohinder...and of course, Chris Gorham, who I first discovered in Jake 2.0.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I reckon I must be the only one that likes Piper?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;4054694;
    I reckon I must be the only one that likes Piper?
    No, I like her too.

No, I like her too.
    Me, three. And I like her relationship with Auggie, although I'm a bit confused by what's going on with Jay.

I love the relationship between Auggie and Mary (I hope it remains platonic). I can't figure out either is Jai is playing her or if he's really interested. I hope he's really interested because they'd make a knock out couple... although with the reappearance of Ben it could throw a wrench into the whole works.

Everytime I see Mary's older sister I see her in the old fashioned hairdo and clothing of her character (Alby's wife) on Big Love. Shows you how much hair and makeup can do for a girl.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast