+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Covert Affairs on USA

Re: Covert Affairs on USA

I'm not a big fan of Piper Perabo, so I didn't tune in. Based on the reviews here and the fact that I like the rest of the cast, I may have to watch! I totally share the Christopher Gorham love. I've loved him since Popular - Harrison was the best!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Harrison was yummy! I caught Popular in syndication a few summers ago and loved the bitchy drama of it, it was a guilty pleasure LOL Christopher was a skinny kid back then.. he has filled out veeeery nicely

I'm really liking this show too, in the past show, the scene in the station (bus? train? don't recall) the flags caught my eye so I rewound it and found out that it was the flag of Nova Scotia right next to the Canadian flag that snagged me, then thru the doors I saw Bank of Nova Scotia (which is a national bank) so yay! at least part of this show is filmed in CAnada.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;3998299;
    Harrison was yummy! I caught Popular in syndication a few summers ago and loved the bitchy drama of it, it was a guilty pleasure LOL Christopher was a skinny kid back then.. he has filled out veeeery nicely
    I loved the show and was so bummed when they canceled it! When Glee premiered they kept touting it as being from the creator of Nip/Tuck but, for me, it's from the creator of Popular. Glee is really just Popular with singing!

I should say that I don't necessarily dislike Piper Perabo, I just had doubts that she could handle a role like this. I hope she can because I think the show has potential. They definitely need to work on her language skills if they want to make like she's multilingual. Her Russian was pretty terrible.

ETA: Yeah, I'm watching the pilot right now.
    Last edited by Critical; 07-22-2010 at 09:59 PM. Reason: jeez, spelling counts
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by ASassyKat;3998146;
    I absolutely love Christopher Gorham, which is why I tuned in. Loved him on Harper's Island, and I love his character on CA.

I noted in the opening credits that he's billed right after Piper, so I expect his role to continue to be fairly large.

I also love Kari Manchett, she co-starred with Timothy Hutton on Leverage and they also co-starred together on the Nero Wolfe mysteries put out by A&E some time ago.
    I own the Nero Wolf set and I'm always pleased to see Kari and Timothy working together. She also starred in the Invasion series.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fanatic

love love love christopher gorham. he acts blind very well.

wondered where else i saw kari manchett...found out where: 24 Day 6. it was just bothering me and had to google it.

so far so good. loving the show. but like everyone else, shows i like usually get cancelled so i'm a bit wary. hope it survives. it is on USA and they usually support their shows more than the regular bigname networks.

i'm also loving TNT's Rizzoli & Isles too. i need good quality shows during summer to make up all this damn reality crap networks are putting out to save $.
    Last edited by bell; 07-24-2010 at 12:09 AM.
    not my frickin fault. fine, my fault, i always get blamed anyways.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Just watched the second episode today. Liked it better than the pilot episode. I'd like CG teach me self-defense moves any day!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by bell;4001164;
    love love love christopher gorham. he acts blind very well.

wondered where else i saw kari manchett...found out where: 24 Day 6. it was just bothering me and had to google it.

so far so good. loving the show. but like everyone else, shows i like usually get cancelled so i'm a bit wary. hope it survives. it is on USA and they usually support their shows more than the regular bigname networks.

i'm also loving TNT's Rizzoli & Isles too. i need good quality shows during summer to make up all this damn reality crap networks are putting out to save $.
    A bit to your entire post.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

This show has been picked up for a second season. Love it.

I am warming up to this show. My only issue is that I really really don't like Piper Perabo. Still, I am glad it is coming back.

I'd say Piper Perabo is the weakest acting link in this show, but the rest of the cast makes up for it, and even she is better than I anticipated. Last night's episode featuring Christopher Gorham was wonderful.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast