+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Daytime Emmys

2010 Daytime Emmys

anyone watching?

they had a tribute to Dick Clark/American Bandstand. Dick started crying and it had me crying too!

Its being held in vegas so they have some awards presented by groups that perform in vegas. its a little odd to have the whole cast of lion king as a co presenter, but whatever.

Had a nice tribute to As the world turns too. Havent really paid attention to who/what has won, I can remember Cash Cab for game show, Ellen for entertainment talk show, and the Doctors for informative talk show.
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Re: 2010 Daytime Emmys

Thanks for starting this thread! I totally forgot they were on tonight, so I would have missed them. Not watching yet - I'm on the West coast, but I'll be back to discuss later
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

oops sorry if I spoiled anything

Please post your impressions of the show! Some of us on the west coast want to find out what is going on in real time rather than delayed.

well it seems to me to have been a long commercial for vegas more than anything. I dunno,it also seemed like more actual commericals than awards. I havent watched the daytime emmys in years but I thought there were more soap opera awards. Ive noticed the change in tastes too. I remember DOOL and YnR sweeping awards and they hardly seem nominated this year.

I only get 4 local channels and didnt really have much else to choose from. besides the Dick Clark stuff, I would have rather read the winners tomorrow.

ATWT took both categories for actor/actress
    BnB took best drama
    Last edited by AmyKay; 06-27-2010 at 11:06 PM. Reason: added winners

Quote Originally Posted by AmyKay;3953053;
    oops sorry if I spoiled anything
    No need to apologize! Once things air on the East coast, they're not considered spoilers. If people don't want to know what happens, they need to stay out of the thread.

Cootie - I'm sure there's a list of the winners somewhere online if you want to know ahead of time.

The show is just starting and David Copperfield has clearly had work done AND gained some weight. Both are good news because he was starting to look like the Crypt Keeper. Still not a fan, but I'm not creeped out by him.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Not really big on soaps like I used to be, and I haven't watched in several years. But I figured what the heck, it's not like there's much else on Sunday.

The Dick Clark tribute was great. Ryan Seacrest (ugh) hosted that part and The Spinners, Tony Orlando, Jersey Boys, Marie Osmond, and Chubby Checker were onstage to perform. Loved everyone in the audience doing the twist when Chubby came on. Cher scared me (she did a taped thank you, along with Donny Osmond, Simon Cowell, and Franki Valli). In all, I wasn't overly impressed. Seemed to go by fairly quick, a lot of filler, and some of the jokes and announcments were awkward.

Liked the two guys who gave out the younger actress award (and I thought the point was to honor the kiddie stars there?) I didn't realize anyone from Guiding Light would still be eligible as I thought that had been off the air too long. It's sad As the World Turns is going off Makes me wonder what the state of soaps will be in 5 years.

Regis was okay as host. Liked the David Letterman top 10 list. Surprised The Doctors won informational talk show over Dr. Oz, and didn't realize Dr. Phil's son was a producer. Cirque de Soleil and The Lion came out to co-present awards, as did The Blue Man group (that was a good one )

I can't recall all the winners, but Cash Cab won best game show and game show host. The Doctors won best informational talk show, and Ellen won best talk show. Dr. Oz won talk show host, and The Bold & the Beautiful won best drama.
    Last edited by karalott; 06-27-2010 at 11:08 PM.

So, am I correct in guessing that all the performers (or at least most of them) in the Dick Clark tribute are currently performing in Vegas?

Honestly, Marie Osmond needs to stop putting her makeup on with a trowel. She looks like something from RuPaul's Drag Race. Also, she doesn't sound very good either.

ETA: Hey, speaking of the Crypt Keeper - there's Barry Manilow!
    Last edited by Critical; 06-27-2010 at 11:23 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I couldn't tell if she had lip injections or if it was just the make up. It looked to me like she was lip synching the first song. She sounded different when she came out to sing her part of American Bandstand.

That was my guess with the Dick Clark tribute. Wonder why Donny wasn't there

Thanks for the commentary! Yes, I could look up the results, but I enjoy your impressions. It is tough being on the west coast when it comes to these live events...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast