+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hot in Cleveland

Re: Hot in Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by val123elephant;3996503;
    Valeria is the Italian version I believe.

I was chuckling watching Boston Legal last week when Valerie B. guest-starred. They even played the One Day at a Time theme song at the beginning.

Why do I love that song so much? Whenever I hear it, it picks me up and makes me smile. I guess it takes me back to when I was a kid and my entire life was ahead of me. Here's a link if you want to listen. It's the video from the opening of the show One Day At A Time.

YouTube - One Day At a Time

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I'm totally loving this show now. I'm sad the season is over next week. Betty White said douchebag this week and it cracked me up.
    Wake up and be awesome

FORT Fogey

Betty White definitely has the best lines in each episode, and her delivery is impeccable. Not to belittle the other actresses in any way, but the show would not be nearly as good without her. In fact, I doubt it would have gotten a second season.

Betty has always been the "go to" girl for the good lines. Comedy writers love her I'm sure! I always thought that the actress that plays the "former actress" and used to play "Nina" on Just Shoot Me, has impeccable comedic timing. I can remember her delivering lines in Just Shoot Me that I though to myself, "That's not that funny but she made it funny with the timing of her delivery". And I had a deja vu moment last episode on one of her lines that got a huge laugh. Not that funny but she sure sold it!

Quote Originally Posted by scoot13;4038408;
    Betty has always been the "go to" girl for the good lines. Comedy writers love her I'm sure! I always thought that the actress that plays the "former actress" and used to play "Nina" on Just Shoot Me, has impeccable comedic timing. I can remember her delivering lines in Just Shoot Me that I though to myself, "That's not that funny but she made it funny with the timing of her delivery". And I had a deja vu moment last episode on one of her lines that got a huge laugh. Not that funny but she sure sold it!
    You should have seen her on the Howard Stern show a few months ago. She stood up for the entire interview and walked around to those in the studio. She was absolutely hilarious -- and they certainly loved her. Even on Password where she first met hubby Alan Ludden, she was a little "out there" -- seems like she's morphed into the role she played on Mary Tyler Moore Show. What a gal!!!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    Tom Hanks - A League of Their Own

I thought Nick Jonas (Nick, right?) was horrible on the show. Not a good actor at all.

How did you know it was Nick Jonas?
    They never seem to show any acting credits on this show, other than the credits for the 4 ladies.
    Where did you find him credited?
    TIA.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

The season finale will guest star Susan Lucci as Victoria's arch-nemesis and rival for the Daytime Emmy.
    The Wendie Malick Interview – Hot in Cleveland | Michael Fairman On-Air On-Soaps | Daytime Soap Interviews, News, Updates and Previews, Video and Audio Interviews

Victoria never makes it to the Emmys, but she and Susan (aka Erica Kane) are wearing exactly the same gown. In the interview linked above, Wendie Malick says there will be a big cliffhanger involving one of the other women. Looking forward to finding out who and what that is!

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4039433;
    They never seem to show any acting credits on this show, other than the credits for the 4 ladies.
    TIA.
    It was actually Joe Jonas, not Nick.

"Hot in Cleveland" Good Luck Faking the Goiter (2010)
    Wake up and be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;4039511;
    Yea, I don't know them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;4039433;
    TIA.
    I had saw some gossip blogs saying a Jonas brother would be on.

+ Reply to Thread