+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Hot in Cleveland

Re: Hot in Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3972920;
    Well, not personally -- but yeah, I'm that old! I also remember Art Fleming on "Jeopardy!" when it was my childhood dream to be a contestant.
    Ellen, I WAS a contestant on Jeopardy when Art Fleming was the host. The money for single jeopardy was 10,20,30,40 and 50 and for double jeopardy it was 20,40,60,80, and 100 dollars -- about 1/10 of what became later.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3973353;
    Ellen, I WAS a contestant on Jeopardy when Art Fleming was the host. The money for single jeopardy was 10,20,30,40 and 50 and for double jeopardy it was 20,40,60,80, and 100 dollars -- about 1/10 of what became later.
    Oh, cool! Yeah, those were big bucks then. I probably saw you; my family watched "Jeopardy!" every day. I was a contestant, too, in 2002.

Getting back on topic: I wonder if any of the "Hot in Cleveland" cast were "Jeopardy!" contestants?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

Loved the show last night ... Wayne Knight was terrific. Wish Carl Reiner had more of a part. Betty White continues to be the best part of it all. From the previews, it looks like Valerie's character's mom is going to visit next week ... who should play her? I was thinking of another Valerie: Valerie Harper (Rhoda from the Mary Tyler Moore show)! Would love to see a "reunion" of sorts, with MTM herself playing Victoria's mom at some point.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;3985040;
    Loved the show last night ... Wayne Knight was terrific. Wish Carl Reiner had more of a part. Betty White continues to be the best part of it all. From the previews, it looks like Valerie's character's mom is going to visit next week ... who should play her? I was thinking of another Valerie: Valerie Harper (Rhoda from the Mary Tyler Moore show)! Would love to see a "reunion" of sorts, with MTM herself playing Victoria's mom at some point.
    I think it would be funny if Bonnie Franklin made her way on the show But she is played by Shirley Knight.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

My sister swears by this show. I can't get this channel on my cable box (cable company doesn't offer TV Land), but I did catch a repeat of the first show on CMT channel. I thought it was really good. Man, I hope CMT network continues to show the repeat of this show, just like BRAVO/OXYGEN networks does with their shows sometimes. That would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;3993402;
    My sister swears by this show. I can't get this channel on my cable box (cable company doesn't offer TV Land), but I did catch a repeat of the first show on CMT channel. I thought it was really good. Man, I hope CMT network continues to show the repeat of this show, just like BRAVO/OXYGEN networks does with their shows sometimes. That would be awesome!
    I saw it on VH1 for one episode. I haven't seen it there since and I have no idea why it was there, but I'm sure I saw it as I double checked the channel. You might check that out.

I loved the show at first, but then last night I started watching an episode that had a stupid scene. It was a lousy idea and very overdone. I didn't buy it and felt embarrassed for the actors having to do it. The script called for Valerie or one of her friends to help her distract the neighbor who was writing an article about Valeria in their newspaper. They were going to check to see what was on his computer and if it was bad, delete it. If it was good, they would leave it alone. A grown woman thinks this is a good idea. Bad storyline IMO. Reminds me of a bad script from Three's Company or Andy Griffith. I hope I don't see anything else like that. I turned it off. I'll try again with a new episode.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why do so many people spell "Valerie" as "Valeria"? This seems to be a fairly common occurrence, so says a friend of mine with the Valerie name.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3995545;
    Why do so many people spell "Valerie" as "Valeria"? This seems to be a fairly common occurrence, so says a friend of mine with the Valerie name.
    Sorry, I spelled it that way because I was in a hurry and didn't check. LOL

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Oh, that wasn't directed specifically at you, but your post did remind me of her complaining about it. She says it's extremely common.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Valeria is the Italian version I believe.

I was chuckling watching Boston Legal last week when Valerie B. guest-starred. They even played the One Day at a Time theme song at the beginning.
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

+ Reply to Thread