+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Persons Unknown

Re: Persons Unknown

I just watched the pilot on line and found myself entertained and intrigued. So far, so good. I'll be watching episode 2 tonight.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Like many of you, it reminds me of The Prisoner (I've never seen The Cube). I like the fact that there are multiple "prisoners," and that the show is limited to summer -- so there's no multi-year commitment (that runs the risk of being cancelled as soon as I get hooked).

P.S. But if this turns out to be some lame-@$$ed purgatory, I'm gonna be royally ticked!
    Last edited by Ellen; 06-15-2010 at 01:52 PM.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

[Watching last night's episode on DVD]
    Why do they keep having "strategy" conversations right smack in front of / under the surveillance cameras that they know are there?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3934809;
    [Watching last night's episode on DVD]
    Why do they keep having "strategy" conversations right smack in front of / under the surveillance cameras that they know are there?
    I thought the same thing. I watched a little last night, but lost interest. It looked good at first. It kinda reminded me of Lost. They are trapped in a town as opposed to on an island. I cracked up when this one guy is talking about the trees and he says, Oh, and those trees, those trees, or something like that. LOL

Maybe I missed it, but wouldn't you throw something into the shocking microwave field, before sticking your hands into it. You could throw in a worm, mouse, or bug to see where it was. And if you have to use your hands, why not just use one hand? I don't know, seems rather silly.

I may give it another shot. Seems this may be a government experiment of what humans do in extreme circumstances. Just guessing.

It looks like next week we find out of the people is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    involved in the kidnapping! Plus I didn't even see it coming that the reporter is the mom's baby daddy!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3949327;
    It looks like next week we find out of the people is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    involved in the kidnapping! Plus I didn't even see it coming that the reporter is the mom's baby daddy!
    I didn't see that coming either unless
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that photo was faked. I don't think so, but it did occur to me.

My top suspect for the one involved, if it's really only one, is the woman who seems to know all kinds of things that will help in a given situation. The one who said she was in a mental hospital. I've had reservations about her from the first episode. Might be a bit too obvious, though.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fanatic

I think the grandmother is involved somehow. Maybe to get vindication for her daughter saying she was abused.

Florimel, I agree with what you said!
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3949620;
    I think the grandmother is involved somehow. Maybe to get vindication for her daughter saying she was abused.
    I keep thinking there has to be some significance to the scene with the puzzle.
    I think there is some clue to the fact she mentioned there were two pieces missing.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I did not see that ending coming! I mean knew someone was in on it, just didn't think it was that person!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast