+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Queer As Folk

Queer As Folk

Anyone watch this show? What do you think of it?

I love Ruben and the FORT 702loves205's Avatar
    I've been watching the show since midway through the first season (that's when I discovered this gem). It's one of my favorite shows. The story line is terrific. It's edgy, it's real, it's provocative.

Since I'm staight and the show centers around a group of gay friends, I use to watch it on the down low, after my man went to sleep because it was kind of like forbidden fruit. But the show was so good, I became addicted, I had to have someone to share it with. So I said, 'Honey, watch this with me.' At first he was like, 'What the h*** is this!' But I said,'Be patient. Watch the content and look past the sex.' Now he's hooked like me. If he misses an episode, he's anxious for me to fill him in on what happened.

My favorite character is Emmit. If you watch the show, the way Ted is treating Em is out of line.

The Season finale next week looks like it's going to be a HOT show!

I'm not ashamed anymore to be a fan of the show. But it would be nice to have someone else to talk to about the show. I've asked people at work but no one watches it or at least no one else is admitting that they're watching it.

Showtime's got some pretty good shows... I also absolutely love Soulfood... but that's a whole 'nother subject in itself.

Hope somebody replies, because I love Queer as Folk!!!
    To be a champion, you have to believe in yourself when nobody else will.
    -- Sugar Ray Robinson

I know what it means to fly without wings!!!

Yeah I'm totally addicted to the show too. Brian is probley my favorite character and I agree with you about Ted and Emmet. They've totally made Ted a really hatable character......

Are you going to watch that new lesbian show... I think it's called "the L word"?

I'll check out the new show to see what it's like.
    -- Sugar Ray Robinson

I really wish I could see this show but I don't have Showtime. I love Hal Sparks. He was hysterical on VH1's "I love the 80s" series.
    "You better shut your mouth when you're talkin' to me!"

QAF is a great show. Being a gay male, I was kind of worried with the sexual content of the show. Wasn't sure how other people would perceive the gay community.

But now the show, as well as the characters, have matured into what I consider to be a (mostly) respectable representation of the Gay Community.

I'll agree with the previous posts that they have made Ted a totally dislikable person. I'm looking forward to the next season to see how they will work out Ted and Em's situation. Not too mention...will the Police Chief actually get elected as Mayor!

My boyfriend thinks the guy running for mayor is going to turn out to be gay. I told him, I don't know about that one. I just know the season finale is going to be really good. I can't wait until Sunday night.
    -- Sugar Ray Robinson

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Anybody watching the new season?

Has the new season begun?

FORT Fogey
    I have seen the first two episodes...I think its going to be another great season...they have been tying up some loose ends from last year...Ted and Emmit on the outs, Ted in rehab, Brian quits the firm and starts his own...they have started a new plot-line regarding gay bashing and a vigilante group is forming to police the streets...should be a very interesting season.

As with last season, they are making Brian more of a likeable charecter and less of a egotistical tail-chaser. I like it too, I like Brian less crass and less of an ass. But his horns and fangs still protrude from time to time so he aint no saint!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast