+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Queer As Folk

I had all the epi's, but the storyline is now boring, they are beating a dead horse. QAF needs fresh blood and a major makeover. QAF is taking after Charmed.
    “You know this is a one-way street?”
    “I was only going one way!”

I used to watch it, for about a season or 2, but then it got boring.. and now I'm starting to get into it a bit again.. just if I happen to be home to catch it. It doesn't really represent anyone I know, or my life, so I must say from that aspect it's not particularly interesting. I do think it's great that so many straight women are watching, and it's great that they are getting their boyfriends/husbands to watch as well. I've met a couple of the actors, as I was invited by a friend of mine to a party that they were at (I was in Toronto for gay pride 2 years ago and last year) and I wont name names but one of them was a snotty little uhm.. yeah.. I'm sure everyone can guess who it was.. I also ran into the guy that plays the kid Michael and Ben adopted in the supermarket 2 weeks ago.. I guess he lives in Vancouver when he isn't filming.

And Lotuslander.. don't for a second think this city isn't dangerous. It's pretty rare, but stuff still does happen. Read Xtra West.. the regular papers aren't reporting incidents.. Aaron Webster being the major thing that people remember.. but also a rape a few weeks ago outside the Lotus (Lick) where a lesbian was specifically targeted and gang banged because she was a lesbian.. as well as a guy who was leaving the Odyssey 3 weekends ago, he got jumped as well. I used to think we were safe here, but sadly, my sense of security isn't what it used to be. I can't seem to walk home on a weekend evening after leaving the bar without having at least 1 car drive past me screaming fag out the window.. it's gotten worse the past few months.. my friends and I now try to make sure we leave the bar with at least 1 other person. Sad that a city like ours, which really is quite tolerant and even accepting still has morons like these roaming it.

I keep losing my keys!!!! royalcloudjumpe's Avatar
    Anyone see the show last night?
    I fell asleep about 15 minutes before the ending.
    Did Brian tell anyone about the cancer?
    Thanks.
    Alanis Morissette - So-Called Chaos GO BUY YOURS NOW!!
    Mrs. Dalloway said she'd buy the flowers herself today.
    Diana DeGarmo, she almost had it all

I LOVE Gayle Howard... Yum. He was on an episode of "Law and Order", and I completely missed it. How was it?
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

i finally decided to see an episode. it's great man! i think i may be hooked.

I missed last week's episode. What did Debbie's brother die of?

Quote Originally Posted by lisahasamac
    I LOVE Gayle Howard... Yum. He was on an episode of "Law and Order", and I completely missed it. How was it?
    i liked the ep. i know that, he played the bad guy but i can't really remember since my memory sucks

Quote Originally Posted by royalcloudjumpe
    Thanks.
    Justin over heard a phone call on the answering maching from Brian's doctor, he assumed that Brian had told ( dang I can't remember his name, the comic book store owner ), then comic book store owner let Brian know that he knew, and how he knew, Brian freaked out and kicked Justin out.

Quote Originally Posted by royalcloudjumpe
    Thanks.

Quick recaps for those catching up:

May 31st Episode
    Brian (GALE HAROLD) is diagnosed with testicular cancer. The prognosis looks good-once the afflicted testicle is removed he'll have a 99% chance of survival. But if he chooses not to have surgery, the cancer will spread. Brian decides to keep the news to himself and begins to push everybody away-including Justin.

Knowing Ted (SCOTT LOWELL) needs to focus on himself right now, Blake (DEAN ARMSTRONG) decides not to continue a physical relationship with him. Feeling dejected, Ted visits Babylon where his old crystal buddies tempt him. He discreetly purchases a vial from Dr. C, but rushes out of the club when he spots Emmett (PETER PAIGE) and Justin (RANDY HARRISON) at the bar.

Michael (HAL SPARKS) and Ben (ROBERT GANT) catch Hunter (HARRIS ALLAN) smoking a joint. Later, he gets into a fight with a fellow student at school. They begin to understand Hunter's self-destructive behavior after he indicates that Vic's (JACK WETHERALL) death has confirmed his own mortality. Ben helps him understand that HIV is not a death sentence-he's going to be around for a long time.

It's the day of Vic's funeral, and much to everyone's surprise Debbie (SHARON GLESS) is handling her emotions well. She later discovers a letter Vic wrote to her when he first became ill. It was right before Christmas, and Vic made her promise that even if he were gone, they'd still have the best holiday ever. In an attempt to make up for the awful things she said to Vic before he died, she throws a Christmas party in his honor. But her plan for forgiveness is shattered when she accidentally breaks the angel that topped their tree.

June 7th Episode:
    Brian (GALE HAROLD) returns from the hospital but leads everyone to believe he'd been in Ibiza. Justin (RANDY HARRISON) discovers the truth when he overhears a message for Brian from the hospital's oncology department. He asks Michael (HAL SPARKS) if he knows anything about it, but Michael is just as shocked as Justin. Knowing that if Brian wanted anyone to know he would've told them, they decide to keep Brian's secret to themselves. But Michael later admits to Brian that he knows about his testicular cancer and that Justin is the one who told him.

Michael and Justin meet with Brett Keller (MIKE SHARA), the Hollywood producer who wants to make Rage into a feature film. Michael and Justin are pleased to learn that Brett has no intention of compromising Rage's sexuality. Later at Babylon, Ben (ROBERT GANT) meets Brett; he tells him he's not a fan of the "mindless entertainment" he produces. Michael is furious at Ben for insulting Brett. When Ben tells Michael he thinks Brett is a sellout, Michael accuses him of being jealous.

In another attempt to make peace over Vic's death, Debbie (SHARON GLESS) decides to purchase an elaborate headstone for his grave. She chooses a $27,000 statue of the angel Gabriel blowing his trumpet -she'll take extra shifts at the diner to pay for it. Tired and overworked, the reality of Vic's death finally hits her after a friend of Vic's tells her what a good sister she was. Emmett (PETER PAIGE) convinces Horvath (PETER MACNEILL) to talk to her, as everyone else's attempts to console her have been unsuccessful. She admits to Horvath that she was an asshole to Vic right before he died. Horvath helps her understand that Vic knows she's sorry.

Auerbach (ROBIN THOMAS) decides to allow Lindsay (THEA GILL) to assemble a show of his sketches for the gallery. As they become better acquainted, he convinces Lindsay to show him her work. She admits she thinks her work is uninspired. He challenges her to find her inspiration as he removes his clothes and poses for her.

FORT Newbie

Looking for the dirt

Hello,

I don't have Showtime but, thanks to the glory of Netflix, I recently watched all three seasons of QAF. Since I don't know anything about the actors, can anyone give me the scoop on what they're like in real life? I don't mean just people who have actually met them but just things people have read or heard.

I read something that alluded to a rumor that the actor that played Mikes boyfriend in season one (David) was taken off the show because he was found to be homophobic. I find this hard to believe! How could he have filmed some of those scenes if he was? Why would he even take the role?

I did met the actor who plays Michael at the LA Aids walk but had no idea who he was at the time. He seemed really friendly but slightly taken aback by all the attention (people yelling his name and begging for pics of themselves with him).

Someone on this board said that, when he met him, one of the actors acted like a little snot. They said "I'm sure we all know who it is". I don't! Since I never watched the show while it aired and never read anything about it, I'm totally out of the loop. I did notice that some of the actors seemed strangely absent from the bonus material of the DVD's. Could this have been because their snotty attitude is blatant and could have a negative effect on show ratings?

If anyone could give me some dirt, or even maybe other boards or websites to check out, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Jane

+ Reply to Thread