+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Queer As Folk

Quote Originally Posted by 702loves205
    I've been watching the show since midway through the first season (that's when I discovered this gem). It's one of my favorite shows. The story line is terrific. It's edgy, it's real, it's provocative.

Since I'm staight and the show centers around a group of gay friends, I use to watch it on the down low, after my man went to sleep because it was kind of like forbidden fruit. But the show was so good, I became addicted, I had to have someone to share it with. So I said, 'Honey, watch this with me.' At first he was like, 'What the h*** is this!' But I said,'Be patient. Watch the content and look past the sex.' Now he's hooked like me. If he misses an episode, he's anxious for me to fill him in on what happened.
    I'm a straight female and I also loved GAF. Unfortunately I don't have Showtime anymore. I remember reading that straight females were their largest viewing audience.

I've had gay friends for since high school (25 years ago). I think I've known each character (male and female) at one time or another.

toothdoc

hey i just noticed this thread!!!

another huge fan right here! i'm a brian fan, and i agree, ted has become an ass. he's just getting worse and worse....i'm glad to see they are giving justin a storyline that doesnt revolve around justin.

they have hardly showed gus this season...but he's in the opening credits lol....i like the new intro too

what do you guys think of debbie? at times she really gets on my nerves...and lindsay does too!

Quote Originally Posted by 702loves205
    I've been watching the show since midway through the first season (that's when I discovered this gem). It's one of my favorite shows. The story line is terrific. It's edgy, it's real, it's provocative.

Since I'm staight and the show centers around a group of gay friends, I use to watch it on the down low, after my man went to sleep because it was kind of like forbidden fruit. But the show was so good, I became addicted, I had to have someone to share it with. So I said, 'Honey, watch this with me.' At first he was like, 'What the h*** is this!' But I said,'Be patient. Watch the content and look past the sex.' Now he's hooked like me. If he misses an episode, he's anxious for me to fill him in on what happened.

My favorite character is Emmit. If you watch the show, the way Ted is treating Em is out of line.

The Season finale next week looks like it's going to be a HOT show!

I'm not ashamed anymore to be a fan of the show. But it would be nice to have someone else to talk to about the show. I've asked people at work but no one watches it or at least no one else is admitting that they're watching it.

Showtime's got some pretty good shows... I also absolutely love Soulfood... but that's a whole 'nother subject in itself.

Hope somebody replies, because I love Queer as Folk!!!
    Whew! I thought I was the only one! I feel like I have to sneak and watch it. My husband won't watch it. And can't understand how or why I do, heck I don't know either. I find it very intriguing. The characters are wonderful. Now whan I watch, I'll know I'm not alone.

I've been watching the show from day one, actually a straight British girl told me about the British version first and it started from that. I do wish they'd tone the Sharon Gless character down a bit, like does she always, always have to wear a "Proud to be a PFLAG MoM, shirt, hat and buttons, she's such a good actress, and I thought tonight she displayed just the right of amount of emotion with her brother moving out, very subtle. I don't like this Justin vigilante story line, it's just a little too cartoony, it feels kind of retro, or maybe it's just that I live in a tolerant city, where gay bashing is fairly rare. I do like the Ted & Blake, and the old friends detaching storyline , and was pleasantly surprised that the audition turned out to be for a singing waiter, I thought, [mod edit], if he gets a job with the Opera I'm not watching this show anymore. Best line tonight, Brian to Emmett, " like Jesus, Judy and Liza, Ted's making a comeback. For you girls out there who watch it, your not alone, my sisters, and sisters in law are addicted ( seems all the girls love Emmett the best ) and half the girls in my office are watching it too. Even some of the straight guys. I also liked the Brian and Justin's Mom repartee tonight, now there is a great couple personality wise, if only the gender's were right, but those two have chemistry. The writers seemed to have toned down Brian somewhat so far, though it's hard to tell with just two episodes, and I missed the premiere, until I saw something on here, so I hope they make him a little more dimensional, like how many strangers can you have sex with. I love the actor who plays the street kid, etc, he's so believable, so I hope he gets an interesting storyline this year.
    Last edited by John; 05-06-2004 at 01:00 PM.

I also love this show. Unfortunately, we're a season behind than the US so I'm currently waiting for the next season to start.

Have no idea why I am so interested in this show since I know no one who's gay however stuff like this just reels me in. The L Word has also started here but I prefer QAF. I also saw the UK version however I like this version better.
    I rather lurk than post.

showtime has announced that they have renewed qaf for a 5th season!!!!

I've been watching this show since it first started.. for only one reason: Gale Harold

However, after watching him in last night's bed scene (handling the gun), I have to admit that he's losing his appeal He's looking old and not as buff as he was in past seasons.

Has anyone else noticed this? Also, I'm fed up to here with the vigil ante stuff that Justin is involved in.

Wanted to add one more thing.. looks like something sinister happens to Brian this coming week. Then, next week, he is given a "diagnosis".

well thank god justin finally came to his senses with the hobbs thing....hopefully this is the end of the vigilante thing....i'm sorry but justin is not tough at all

can't wait for sunday

Quote Originally Posted by Maxine
    I've been watching this show since it first started.. for only one reason: Gale Harold

However, after watching him in last night's bed scene (handling the gun), I have to admit that he's losing his appeal He's looking old and not as buff as he was in past seasons.

Has anyone else noticed this? Also, I'm fed up to here with the vigil ante stuff that Justin is involved in.
    I'm with you Maxine. Gale is losing his appeal somewhat. I want the sexy, insensitive, bad ass back.

+ Reply to Thread