+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Fall 2010 Schedules

Re: Fall 2010 Schedules

I really wanted to like Lone Star. I recorded & watched the first 2 episodes, but I was really on the fence as to whether I would continue doing so. Now, I don't have to make that decision.

^^^ it's been cancelled. First cancellation of the new season - I predict #@$% My Dad Says is next.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fanatic

My favorite new shows are: Hawaii 5-0, No Ordinary Family and Blue Bloods. I hope they last.

I watched The Whole Truth, but didn't really care for it. Sounds like I'm not alone. It was down in the ratings.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4074336;
    ^^^ it's been cancelled. First cancellation of the new season - I predict #@$% My Dad Says is next.
    I was thinking the same thing when I watched it last night. Bring back Denny Crane!!

#@$@#! My Dad Says won't be going anywhere-- it's retaining 75% of the Big Bang audience and it won its time slot last night.

My Generation, however, could be next.
    Last edited by Missyboxers; 10-01-2010 at 07:15 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;4074651;
    #@$@#! My Dad Says won't be going anywhere-- it's retaining 75% of the Big Bang audience and it won its time slot last night.
    People are watching it right now because of the time slot, intriguing title, and William Shatner, but after a few more episodes featuring a one-dimensional character puttering around a small area of his house, tossing out cranky unfunny one-liners at boring family members, people will have had enough. The producers need to go back to the drawing board on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;4074651;

My Generation, however, could be next.
    I've watched both the episodes so far, but won't be wasting any more time on this one. I found it to be disjointed, depressing & confusing. Leaving me with a lot of "Huh?" moments.
    I also can't find a single character I like, or even care about.
    I can't imagine I'm alone in this, so I won't be surprised to see it cancelled.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I had high hopes for My Generation. I've caught bits and pieces of it but I'm just not that interested in the characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky22;4074663;
    People are watching it right now because of the time slot, intriguing title, and William Shatner, but after a few more episodes featuring a one-dimensional character puttering around a small area of his house, tossing out cranky unfunny one-liners at boring family members, people will have had enough. The producers need to go back to the drawing board on this one.
    There isn't a direct correlation between quality and ratings, and I don't think anyone's suggesting that @#$! My Dad Says is an Emmy winner. But CBS is not about to cancel a show that is winning its time slot by a wide margin. It's just not going to happen.

My Generation has been canceled. And in another ratings note, Jersey Shore won the 10 pm hour in the 18-49 demographic, and with 6.7 million total viewers, it beat every show in NBC's Thursday night lineup save The Office.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Missyboxers;4074812;
    There isn't a direct correlation between quality and ratings, and I don't think anyone's suggesting that @#$! My Dad Says is an Emmy winner. But CBS is not about to cancel a show that is winning its time slot by a wide margin. It's just not going to happen.
    Betcha it will. All CBS has to do is move it out of that time slot and it's dead. It's just not funny (the humor in the last episode was based on cranky dad talking to his vegetables and the rash on his daughter-in-law's breasts ... that's funny?), the characters aren't interesting, zany, weird or anything, not even Wm Shatner's. Comedies need to be funny. The only reasons it's holding its own right now are what I mentioned above, especially the time slot, and time slots aren't etched in stone. Many a better show was killed because the network decided to change the time slot and get rid of it. I guess it all depends on how much they value Shatner, which may be the only saving grace, but his character needs to have some kind of hook besides being a grouch.

+ Reply to Thread