+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Fall 2010 Schedules

FORT Fanatic

Re: Fall 2010 Schedules

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3906798;
    Seems CBS is cancelling a number of their shows, too.
    Gone are Ghost Whisperer, Old Christine, Cold Case, Numbers, Miami Medical, Gary Unmarried and Accidentally on Purpose.
    I'm bummed about Miami Medical. I really, really like this show. I think it would have survived had they not put it on Friday at 90 pm (a terrible night to try and launch a new drame). Other than that one, I'm not too upset about the other cancellations. Glad to see Accidently on Purpose get cancelled. I previewed this show in Las Vegas before it was put on the air and I blasted it. It's a TERRIBLE show, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;3906985;
    I'm bummed about Miami Medical. I really, really like this show. I think it would have survived had they not put it on Friday at 90 pm (a terrible night to try and launch a new drame). Other than that one, I'm not too upset about the other cancellations. Glad to see Accidently on Purpose get cancelled. I previewed this show in Las Vegas before it was put on the air and I blasted it. It's a TERRIBLE show, IMO.

I totally agree with you on that one. Just awful.

The problem with TV shows nowadays is that, even if they're winning their time slot or getting better than expected ratings, they can still get cancelled. Especialy if they're too costly for the network.
    That's why we see so much reality TV. It costs very little to produce.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

The CBS Schedule

«May 19, 2010

CBS shakes up fall schedule: 'Big Bang' on Thursday, 'CSI: NY' on Friday
    After canceling seven shows yesterday, Wednesday's unveiling of the CBS fall schedule suddenly became a highly intriguing announcement: How will the network fill its lineup after picking up only six pilots? Will all the new shows air in the fall? Will any existing programs be expanded? Will a dark horse reality project (or two) sneak in?

Turns out, big changes, including launching a comedy block with "Big Bang Theory" on Thursdays against softening incumbent NBC and moving "CSI: NY" to Fridays. Here's the schedule:

MONDAY

8:00-8:30 PM HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER
    8:30-9:00 PM RULES OF ENGAGEMENT
    9:00-9:30 PM TWO AND A HALF MEN
    9:30-10:00 PM MIKE & MOLLY
    10:00-11:00 PM HAWAII FIVE-O

TUESDAY

8:00-9:00 PM NCIS
    9:00-10:00 PM NCIS: LOS ANGELES
    10:00-11:00 PM THE GOOD WIFE

WEDNESDAY

8:00-9 PM SURVIVOR
    9-10 PM CRIMINAL MINDS
    10:00-11:00 PM THE DEFENDERS

THURSDAY

8:00-8:30 PM THE BIG BANG THEORY
    8:30 - 9 P.M. $#*! MY DAD SAYS
    9:00-10:00 PM CSI: CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATION
    10:00-11:00 PM THE MENTALIST

FRIDAY

8:00-9:00 PM MEDIUM
    9:00-10:00 PM CSI: NY
    10:00-11:00 PM BLUE BLOODS

SATURDAY

8:00-9:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY
    9:00-10:00 PM CRIMETIME SATURDAY
    10:00-11:00 PM 48 HOURS MYSTERY

SUNDAY

7:00-8:00 PM 60 MINUTES
    8:00-9:00 PM THE AMAZING RACE
    9:00-10:00 PM UNDERCOVER BOSS
    10:00-11:00 PM CSI: MIAMI

I am super happy that Survivor is moving to Wed's! Now I can watch it on Wed & watch Bones & Fringe on Thurs! Thurs were so busy this year that even with 3 DVR's I couldn't record everything I wanted to watch. I'm going to have to catch up on Vampire Diaries & Parks & Rec over the summer.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Sigh. Why must there be three shows on Monday at 10/9 that I want to see when there are so few I watch regularly. Hawaii 5-0 and Chase are up against Castle. I guess the DVR and my DVD burner will get a lot of use in the falll, at least at the beginning of the season.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Wow, I guess CBS is taking a risk...I'll have a lot less TV to watch, and not much incoming that I'm crazy about... I wish o wish they'd fix the overage problem on Sundays during football season, Cold Case always had trouble with being delayed after Amazing Race because football ALWAYS ran over! Only 1 or 2 programs now each night YAY. I'm happy about AI being shorter, but let's see if they can pull it off! I hope it also means less stupid auditions and seeing all those that make hollywood week, that might bring me back to the early season shows.

Have to say that CBS certainly has taken the most "risk" in terms of their Fall schedule. Some big changes to existing shows and a few new pairings. Again, that being said I'll have to wait to see what the new shows have to offer.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Fall 2010 CW schedule:

MONDAY

8 p.m. "90210" (New Night)
    9 p.m. "Gossip Girl"

TUESDAY

8 p.m. "One Tree Hill" (New Night)
    9 p.m. "Life Unexpected" (New Night)

WEDNESDAY

8 p.m. "America's Next Top Model"
    9 p.m. "HELLCATS"

THURSDAY

8 p.m. "The Vampire Diaries"
    9 p.m. "NIKITA"

FRIDAY

8 p.m. "Smallville"
    9 p.m. "Supernatural" (New Night)

I noticed that Lie To Me (Fox) returns for it new season on Monday June 6th in the House timeslot 8/7C. I guess they have modified the schedule from the original that placed it on Wednesday (see post 7).

I've missed the show, so I am OK with it starting now instead of in the Fall, but I wonder if they will lose some viewers because of the summer scheduling?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

wow CBS making the changes is a big risk - the 2 I noticed the most are the two CSIs moving - although I only watch NY - a move to Friday night could kill it - although taking over Ghost Whisperers spot might not be a bad move.

Rules of Engagement not being a mid-season replacement is a shock.

2.5 Men without BBT theory following it could hurt that show. Already knew BBT was moving to Thursday - it's a strong show on it's own, but I still don't get why they're moving it.

Looking at those schedules makes me realize how much I dont' like a lot of what's airing.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread