+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Undercovers - J.J. Abrams on NBC

The Undercovers - J.J. Abrams on NBC

NBC has officially pickuped up J.J. Abrams new spy show, The Undercovers for Fall 2010. It appears and ABC, CBS, and NBC were all after the show. It looks like it has promise and I will be watching.

It will star Boris Kokjoe and Gugu Mbatha-Raw as the husband/wife spies with Gerald McRaney as their boss. IMBD also shows some other interesting cast members including Brad Grunberg.

The Undercovers - New 2010 NBC TV Series by J.J. Abrams
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Re: The Undercovers - J.J. Abrams on NBC

If Boris going to be on my TV screen, I'm there!

This is a bit of a bump!

Anyone else watch the premiere tonight? I'm about half-way through and I think I'm already hooked! I loved Alias and this has a similar feel to it. I think JJ Abrams is tremendously talented, but I have to admit I wasn't a fan of Lost. I'm hopeful that the network gives this show a chance because I think it has tons of potential. Plus, Boris and Gugu are possibly the hottest couple on TV!

It's also great to see Gerald McRaney on TV again. I've always liked him.

SO, even though I'm still in the middle of the episode, it's a definite thumbs up for me. I'll be watching.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Kao

I'm liking the show and Boris. Gugu not so much, but maybe it's because she's obviously concentrating too much on having an "authentic" American accent, and it will get easier for her as time goes on? I noticed that her acting was much better in the scenes where she was speaking French.

Okay, I admit that I'm just a bit biased towards his RL wife and hate seeing him with someone else. They are adorable together!

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I am loving Undercovers. Looks like it's going to be a great show. And is Boris not the hottest man ever??!!
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I recorded this one and haven't yet watched it, but I have looked at some clips. I do agree that Boris is an extraordinarily good-looking man and seems have some acting talent, too. And Gerald McRaney is always an added plus.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

2 words..

Loved it!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

I've watched it now and I liked what I saw. I hope it stays around.

Ditto. Liked it a lot, and Boris is always a plus!
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

I was a huge fan of Alias, so I've always considered the couple in Undercovers as a possible "what could have been" if Sydney & Michael Vaughn had stayed agents and got married. I really liked this season premiere and I'm hoping the series will stay around. [Unfortunately, they lost DH a quarter of a way in.]

Critical, I agree with you -- I think Boris & Gugu are definitely the hottest couple on t.v. right now.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast