+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Undercovers - J.J. Abrams on NBC

Kao

Re: The Undercovers - J.J. Abrams on NBC

Okay, watched the second show (MUCH better than the pilot) and I'm sold! Love them and their relationship; will watch every week.

Undercovers Canceled by NBC; Poor Ratings Blamed, Page 2 of 2 - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

This was a great show that they didn't give time to pick up steam. Could have tried a new night on the schedule and tweeked a few things here and there. I really liked this one and it wasn't just because of the eye candy.
    Last edited by KeepItReal; 11-06-2010 at 04:44 PM.
    "Worrying does not take away tomorrow's troubles, it takes away today's peace".

-Unknown Author-

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;4099406;
    Undercovers Canceled by NBC; Poor Ratings Blamed, Page 2 of 2 - Associated Content - associatedcontent.com

This was a great show that they didn't give time to pick up steam. Could have tried a new night on the schedule and tweeked a few things here and there. I really liked this one and it wasn't just because of the eye candy.
    That's too bad. But I'm not too surprised. I was hoping it'd be like Alias but it was much slower. Still, I liked it and hoped it would make it.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Not surprised, could tell it was doomed 2 minutes in watching the premiere episode.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I watched the pilot and half of the second episode and then removed it from my taping schedule. Really tedious and I'm not surprised it's been cancelled.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I have to say, I'm not surprised it got canceled. I watched the first few episodes and thought there was potential, but then I just stopped watching. It had all of the ingredients for a big hit, but it just didn't work. It's a shame, because I would have loved to see Boris Kodjoe on my TV every week for a very long time. Now this means Alan Ball can hire him to play QUINN on True Blood!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

NOOOOOOO!!! Say it isn't so....! It the ratings aren't through the roof right off the jump, NBC yanks shows off the air.

Guess we might as well forget about seeing anymore network shows headlined by people of color. I am done watching any new shows on NBC...DONE!

Still haven't forgiven them for cancelling Lipstick Jungle...and of course I'll never forgive them for taking Another World off the air.

So let me guess, they'll probably be cancelling Chase next, just because I'm into that one too.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

This is a pretty good article that discusses the cancellation and why it happened: Is J.J. Abrams too big for TV? - CNN.com
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4100495;
    This is a pretty good article that discusses the cancellation and why it happened: Is J.J. Abrams too big for TV? - CNN.com
    It's not that Abrams is to big for TV the show seemly sucked, there was no chemistry between the characters and no tension or interest in what they were doing.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I actually thought the chemistry was pretty good after the first episode. Like most shows the first episode is a set up where people get introduced and it takes a bit for the rhythm of the show to get going. I only watched it On Demand not when it aired.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast