+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Justified on FX

Justified on FX

Is anyone else planning to watch this new show from the network that gives us several quality shows?

This show is about U.S. Marshal Raylan Givens, a modern day 19th century-style lawman, who enforces his brand of justice to put a target on his back with criminals and puts him at odds with his bosses in the Marshal service. As a result, he gets reassigned to the U.S. District covering the town… More where he grew up.

It stars Timothy Olyphant as Raylan Givens. The cast also includes Natalie Zea from Dirty Sexy Money. Here's a link to the website if anyone wants to take a look.

Justified Official Website | Only on FX 3/16 - Tuesdays 10
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Re: Justified on FX

I definitely plan on watching, Florimel. I love Timothy Olyphant!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I've been waiting for this one for months now! DVR is all programmed and ready

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

This looks like it's going to be great. DVR is all set for the season.

Well, I have seen that first 30 minutes and am not that impressed.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Looks like I'm going to LOVE IT!!! Timothy is, somewhat, recreating the type of role he played in Deadwood, to which I was seriously addicted. I love his acting persona. Count me in!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I liked it a lot! Of course, I think T.O. has the sexiest voice on the planet, so I'd pretty much watch him read the phone book for an hour (or more!). I do have concerns that with all of the white supremacist ignorance in that town leaves very few sympathetic characters long-term. I'll keep watching though, It's better than any other new shows I've seen on TV - cable or otherwise - in a while.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I also liked it and Timothy Olyphant plays a western character with attitude very well (Deadwood). As with most first episodes, I think we'll need some time to learn more about the other main characters. With Burn Notice, White Collar, and Psych on hiatus for a while, I'll keep watching.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

On the whole, I enjoyed it a lot. I like the group in the local Marshall's office. They seem to have potential to be really interesting side characters. The only hold-back I had was the woman who shot her husband. Maybe it's just because the show is new, but the actress seemed to be trying too hard...she kind of came off as a stereotype more than a character. I hope that she grows more into a character as the show progresses.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I liked how matter-of-fact the woman was about killing her husband. She just told it like it was! I've seen people, in real life, like that.

Obviously, there's going to be a problem with the guy that was shot in the chest, but did not die.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast