+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Justified on FX

KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Justified on FX

I just want to know when they will start rerunning the last season! I completely missed it.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I was so glad to see Emmy nominations for Jeremy Davies, Margo Martindale, Walt Goggins and Tim Olyphant. All richly deserved!

Prhoshay... it was a good season! I'm sure it will be replayed right before the next one starts!!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

LG.

the show is coming back next month, I think Jan 19th or so.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Thank you for the alert!

Looks like I'll be watching it, minus the last season.....but I will be watching!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 12-27-2011 at 09:41 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

LG.

January 17th - new episodes will be on Tuesday nights -
    Justified Official Website | Season Premiere Jan 17 Only on FX
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Would be really nice if they reran the previous season starting on Jan. 17!

JUSTIFIED STARTS TONIGHT ON THE FX!!!!

Interesting article on the new season!!!

“Justified” should be required watching for anyone who wants to adapt a cool series of books into a cool TV show.

The FX series, based on Elmore Leonard’s Raylan Givens stories and starring Timothy Olyphant as Marshal Givens, launches its third season Tuesday night.

It has the tough task of moving ahead without Margo Martindale’s award-winning Maggs Bennett character, who became such a memorable and crucial part of the story last year.

It does so without missing a beat.

Or a shot.

Maggs took a fatal pull of her own apple “cider” at the end of last season, leaving quite the situation at and in her wake.

The lucrative marijuana empire over which she presided, with the more than occasional indulgence of Raylan and his law enforcement colleagues, is now coveted by several factions in the local entrepreneurial community.

This includes Maggs’ son Dickie (Jeremy Davies), who is just bright enough to think he's smarter than he really is. He also lacks Maggs’ management skills and her ability to think long-term.

More dangerously, it includes Raylan’s long-time acquaintance Boyd Crowder (Walton Goggins), with whom he plays a deliciously crafted lifelong game of poker.

Boyd is basically a bad guy, Raylan basically a good guy, but there’s just enough common turf and even respect between them that their relationship alone would make “Justified’ worth tuning in.

The new season also brings in a third potential bidder for some of Maggs’ old turf, a black man named Limehouse (Mykelti Williamson) who smokes a mean rib and demands every bit as much respect as the white folks in this still not entirely integrated part of Kentucky.

Nor does the new season just revolve around drugs and gunfire. There’s romance, too, both for Boyd and for Raylan, whose squeeze Winona Hawkins (Natalie Zea) has become a major player and also is pregnant.

It’s all set against a backdrop of the Kentucky country where Raylan was raised and to which he returned when marshalling in other parts of the country didn’t work out. He proves you can go home again and also that going home again ain’t easy.

Elmore Leonard weaves all this together beautifully in his Givens books, and “Justified” is the rare TV show that does fine prose full justice.

Much though not all the credit goes to Olyphant, who each season gets better at capturing all the little nuances of Raylan, down to the eye movements and the delivery of major clues through minor gestures or remarks.

Also, despite being on cable and often dealing with raw characters and raw violence, “Justified” uses explicit scenes and language sparingly — making it all the more powerful when it does.

Whether you’ve followed the show to this point or not, you can tune in and savor smart TV drama at its best.
    KAREN

Thanks so much for the reminder, and that article was enough to whet my appetite all over again, even if I did miss last season!
    momrek06 likes this.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Had I not seen his name in the opening credits, it would have taken me a LOT longer to recognize Desmond Harrington. I wasn't keen on his accent (heck, I'm not keen on his accent on Dexter, which may be his real speaking voice) but, damn, he does cold-blooded killer well. And, frankly, he had more plot relevance in one 45 minute episode of Justified than he did in all of last season of Dexter.

The character of Ava has really grown on me. In the first season she kind of came off as a ball of neediness (though with the occasional shotgun) but tonight when she clocked Devil with the frying pan, she just was a ball of awesomeness. This season has started off great and I hope it continues!

+ Reply to Thread