+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Justified on FX

Re: Justified on FX

Did anyone see the FINALE? Ohhh, it was so good!!!

Bring on Season 3!!!
    KAREN

Excellent show. Although I wouldn't have minded seenig Dickie gone. I mean, really gone.
    Wonder what they will be doing next season without all those characters.
    I wouldn't mind the major focus being on Givens vs Crowder. I like both of these characters / actors so much.
    No Rain - No Rainbows - Nextel commercial

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

A little over 2 months ago I was so bored by this show it was unreal. In fact, I missed most of the season because of that. But I hung in there, it got better with the mine people/deal and I kept watching. Well, I just watched the season finale tonight... and... wow what a fantastic season finale! I'll miss Mags for sure - I just love Margo Martindale in anything she does. I suppose Mags just didn't want to live w/o her precious Doyle (she sure didn't feel that way about Coover or Dickie LOL!). I wonder if Winona will really leave Raylan. Hmmm wouldn't bother me one bit since I don't care for that character. Glad to see Art come to Raylan's aid - that was good. As for Ava, will she survive? Maybe not, that will throw fuel on the Crowder/Bennet firestorm and give us something for next season.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

That was one good season, start to finish. Lots of plots & subplots. Bring on Season 3..

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I'll miss Mags for sure - I just love Margo Martindale in anything she does. I suppose Mags just didn't want to live w/o her precious Doyle (she sure didn't feel that way about Coover or Dickie LOL!). I wonder if Winona will really leave Raylan. Hmmm wouldn't bother me one bit since I don't care for that character. Glad to see Art come to Raylan's aid - that was good. As for Ava, will she survive? Maybe not, that will throw fuel on the Crowder/Bennet firestorm and give us something for next season.
    I will miss Mags as well. She was fabulous. Here is a great interveiw with her.

'Justified' Star Margo Martindale on Mags Bennett & What's Really in the 'Apple Pie' Jars

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    Bring on Season 3..
    Yes, indeedy!!!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I will miss Mags as well. She was fabulous. Here is a great interveiw with her.

'Justified' Star Margo Martindale on Mags Bennett & What's Really in the 'Apple Pie' Jars

Yes, indeedy!!!
    If you've never had real Apple Pie Moonshine it's actually reeeeeally good stuff. Tastes like spiced apple cider but it's got one helluva kick that sneaks up on ya and when you're making it the house smells just like you're baking an apple pie!

What I wanna know is what kind of poison was in the "glass" before Mags poured in the Apple Pie Moonshine. Musta been some super potent stuff to take her out so quickly (and take out Loretta's dad just as fast). And how did Mags know to never use THAT glass until she "needed" it (for herself or Loretta's dad)... and how come no one ELSE ever used the spiked glass?

I just loved Mags and am sad to see her go.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I'm bummed they killed off Mags. I love Margo Martindale in anything and and always happy when she pops up on screen. Does anybody know if there's any truth to the story she was the Palmolive manicurist in the 80's commercials? I've looked at them, and doesn't seem so.

OT, I had an encounter with a real-life Deputy US Marshal today, and let me tell you, they are not Raylan. Apparently it's okay for a Marshal to turn up in a bowling shirt and cargo pants without a gun. I was ever so much disappointed Timothy Olyphant wasn't the Deputy but Charlie Harper was.

Margo Martindale--who I think is a fabulous actress--starred in the Downy fabric softener ads about tickling feet, not the Palmolive "Madge" ones.

I thought the season-ending scene with Mags and Raylan was note-perfect. I'll really miss her character, but I think that was a great way to bring the Bennett/Givens feud story line full circle.

Interesting to read that in the original Elmore Leonard short story, the character of Mags was a man, but Leonard loved Martindale's portrayal in Justified so much he's using her in some future stories.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If anyone learns of a marathon for this season, please post it here. I really need and want one.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    I'm bummed they killed off Mags. I love Margo Martindale in anything and and always happy when she pops up on screen. Does anybody know if there's any truth to the story she was the Palmolive manicurist in the 80's commercials? I've looked at them, and doesn't seem so.

OT, I had an encounter with a real-life Deputy US Marshal today, and let me tell you, they are not Raylan. Apparently it's okay for a Marshal to turn up in a bowling shirt and cargo pants without a gun. I was ever so much disappointed Timothy Olyphant wasn't the Deputy but Charlie Harper was.
    LOL!!! You wanted Raylan and got Charlie
    They routinely film Justified very near where I live. I never thought my lil slice of Southern California could pass for the hills of Kentucky but apparently it also passes nicely for the lil town of Charming on the FX series Sons of Anarchy So, in the finale of Justified when Loretta had that guy pick her up to drive her back to Harlan County... when they were at the gas station I was like "hey, that's right there at the corner of X and Y streets" and sure enough if you notice the street signs in the background that's exactly where they were! LOL!

I haven't been by in several weeks but from about a 1/4mi distance we could see many of the outdoor-in-the-woods sets. Like Arlo's house and especially Mags' house. I was always hoping to see Tim Olyphant or Natalie Zea (Winona) but never happened... yet I loved Natalie on Dirty Sexy Money... that whole show was just so much FUN!

I'll miss Mags and can't wait to see what Margo Martidale turns up in next. She seems like the kind of person you'd love to be friends with. Did you ever see her on The Riches? She played a hoot of a character on that show too

+ Reply to Thread