+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Justified on FX

Re: Justified on FX

I've been watching. This show definitely would not work without Timothy Olyphant. The casting in general was all excellent, but he makes the part believable. I thought the last episode about his ex-wife's new husband getting into shady dealings turned out way more compelling than I expected. He does keep shooting people, though.

I don't catch it the night it airs so I don't comment in the thread for fear of reading a significant spoiler.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Agree about Timothy Olyphant! The show has already been renewed for a second season; with "multiple showings", it's pulling in over seven and a half million viewers per week. That's a really good number for basic cable.
    Wherever she went, including here, it was against her better judgment. --Dorothy Parker

Quote Originally Posted by BritLit;3909452;
    Agree about Timothy Olyphant! The show has already been renewed for a second season; with "multiple showings", it's pulling in over seven and a half million viewers per week. That's a really good number for basic cable.
    KAREN

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;3909409;
    Oh, wicked cool, I thought I was the ONLY one ... I figured if I bumped up the thread it would be only ME posting but woohoo, I love JUSTIFIED and LOVE Timothy Olyphant!!!
    That was my concern, but I figured I'd never know unless I jumped out there. I'm glad that we're all hanging in there, and feel sorry for the people that abandoned it! They just don't know what they're missing!

Olyphant played exactly the same type of character in Deadwood. I had never heard of him, back then. He's got what I want to describe as "giraffe legs"....I think they are an unusual looking build/structure. Raylan is not one to be messed with!! I was kind of glad to see him get his beat up, since it would be boring to see him always being the one to come out on top.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Ok, Fort Fans, the FINALE is next Tuesday night!!!

Did anyone watch last night ... what is up with ARLO ... ??? Is he with the Marshalls or against them ... ???
    KAREN

Sure sounds like he's playing both ends against the middle, doesn't it? But he's Raylan's daddy, so I'm sure he's got Raylan's gift for the slick talk/thought! Raylan had to have learned his skill SOMEWHERE! Looking forward to watching the encore performance of this episode!

(Fire in the hole! )
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

I agree that this show would not work without Timothy Olyphant, but Walton Goggins really has brought Boyd out as a strong character. I'm a bit of an NPR geek and listened to a great Fresh Air interview with him on the treadmill last night. If you're interested it's here: Fresh Air Interview: Actor Walton Goggins - Getting 'Justified' With Brother Boyd : NPR

I was surprised to learn they were supposed to kill Boyd off at the end of the first episode. I'm glad they didn't because bringing him back into the scene has really made the story come full circle and not be "villain of the week".

LG.

I love Boyd's character - always trying to figure out how genuine he is about this religious conversion, willing to go against his own father's criminal enterprise. I'm glad he wasn't killed off in the first episode. Of course I always love Goggins in The Shield. Michael Chicklis owned that show, but the "progress" that Shane had over the course of the series from being the horrified witness to the murder of a fellow officer (by his boss) in the pilot, to being the person who actually handed a hand grenade to his best friend Lem to continue the cover-up for their crimes - it was just heartbreaking.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FINALE TONIGHT!!!

Bulletville

In the season finale, things come to a head in Harlan when the worlds of Raylan , Boyd and Bo Crowder collide.

I inserted the smilies!!!
    KAREN

I can hardly wait!!!! For those of us who have hung in there, it has been truly worth it, even though I do think it got off to a slow start.

+ Reply to Thread