+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Justified on FX

Re: Justified on FX

Just curious - this show was recently recommended to me ("OMG this show is so good, I can't believe you're not watching" ) but I haven't seen any of the previous seasons. I was told that was OK, I can just jump in, but I'm kinda obsessive about starting from the beginning. Is this one really ok to just start without having seen the earlier seasons? If I do, is there anything I should know before diving in? I did DVR the first epi last night, so......thanks for any advice or info!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Just curious - this show was recently recommended to me ("OMG this show is so good, I can't believe you're not watching" ) but I haven't seen any of the previous seasons. I was told that was OK, I can just jump in, but I'm kinda obsessive about starting from the beginning. Is this one really ok to just start without having seen the earlier seasons? If I do, is there anything I should know before diving in? I did DVR the first epi last night, so......thanks for any advice or info!
    I've watched since the start of the show and love it, so I naturally would encourage new viewers. I think you could start watching now without too much trouble. The first season developed the Boyd Crowder/Harlan County issues vs. Raylan. The second season kind of had a "big bad" in Mags, but she's out of the picture now. The third season seems to be teed up to have a Raylan/Marshals vs. Dixie Mafia thing going on. If you jump in now, you won't have the Raylan/Boyd history, but the main plotlines could be easily engaging. There might be some stuff with Raylan's dad that won't be picked up on at first blush, but assuming Wikipedia comes back on line or you find a good recap, you can get caught up enough. I wish the last two seasons were streaming on Netflix, but it doesn't seem so.

I hope you do decide to jump in, feet first. If you have any questions, PM me or post in this thread. The prior two seasons have aired, so no spoiler issues.

Loved the part where Raylan pulled to table cloth to get to the gun instead of reaching for it. Brilliant! Love this show.
    Uncle David likes this.

Thanks PhoneGirrrl I will give it a shot! I'll check out Wiki too - that's a good idea.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I started out wanting to love Justified since more than one of my favorite actors were in it... Walt Goggins and Tim Olyphant. I struggled thru the first season... really really struggled. For whatever reason I don't recall that I made it thru all of that first season and I know I did not start off watching Season 2. Then all of a sudden I tried to get into it again when Mags was around and holy mother of chocolate I loved it BEYOND REASON! Granted, I do love me some Margo Martindale no matter what she does (and her winning an Emmy for the role of Mags was just the icing AND sprinkles on the cake) and have liked Natalie Zea ever since DirtySexyMoney and loved Jeremy Davies from his Daniel Faraday days on Lost but all of that aside, Season 2 of Justified was ridiculously phenomenal!!!!!!!

The Season 3 premier this week was awesome. Raylan pulling the tablecloth was pure, old-skool, vintage Raylan and I LOVED IT!!!! Some good new characters were introduced in the season premier and some old goodies were brought back from the past. I think this is poised to be another great season - I can feel it

Have we really only had 2 full seasons so far? Seems like so much has gone on! LOL!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

This season has been just as great as last season. Well, no Mags, but still the guest-stars for one or two episodes have been great character actors. I've never seen Maggie Lawson in anything other than Psych, but she was great in tonight's episode.

But what the heck is up with Winona apparently leaving? She knows Raylan works long hours and it seemed like she'd come to terms with that.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

Love the new tack the show is taking.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

The dialogue is so damn snappy - love that! I didn't like the previews for next week. Raylan getting set up for a murder he didn't commit? Ugh.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Teach your children well Uncle David's Avatar

I wanna be Olyphant's Raylan Givens!
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

This show has been picked up for another season!!!

+ Reply to Thread