+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Rockford Files 2.0

Re: The Rockford Files 2.0

Unfortunately, Josh isn't even being considered for the part.
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3855414;
    Unfortunately, Josh isn't even being considered for the part.
    I know. It's already been given to Dermot Mulroney. I had hoped Josh was considered for it but was smart enough to decline it. In any event, I do want to see what he does next and hope he gets work as other of our Lost actors have. It bothers me that I haven't seen anything coming up for him since I think he created one of the most interesting characters on Lost.

J J Abrams is loyal to actors who have worked for him, such as Terry O'Quinn and Greg Grunberg, his friend since kindergarten. With luck, he'll do the same for Josh.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I noticed that Daniel Dae Kim has been filming the remake of "Hawaii Five-O" along with Alex O'Laughlin. For some reason that does not upset me, but I do want to be able to vote on whether another version of Rockford airs! I find it very upsetting that they are attempting to remake Rockford and mess with all the wonderful memories that I have........
    I know I watched the original Hawaii Five-O, but I am a big O'Laughlin fan and am happy to see him on just about anything. CBS is waiting till May to decide whether it will be a go or not - so maybe the Rockford remake will not actually make it to a season for NBC?
    So many of our dreams at first seem impossible, then they seem improbable, and then, when we summon the will, they soon become inevitable.
    Christopher Reeve

Oh jeesh! Another remake (Hawaii Five-O)...

I have yet to hear of any remake that was better than the original. That's notwithstanding the technological and budget differences. "If it's not broke, don't fix it".

Obviously, everyone involved in the remakes is doing it for the $$$.
    The Bachelor/Bachelorette series is a soap opera with unskilled actors, bad writing, and beautiful locations...it even edits the real moon!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;3857508;
    I noticed that Daniel Dae Kim has been filming the remake of "Hawaii Five-O" along with Alex O'Laughlin. For some reason that does not upset me, but I do want to be able to vote on whether another version of Rockford airs! I find it very upsetting that they are attempting to remake Rockford and mess with all the wonderful memories that I have........
    I know I watched the original Hawaii Five-O, but I am a big O'Laughlin fan and am happy to see him on just about anything. CBS is waiting till May to decide whether it will be a go or not - so maybe the Rockford remake will not actually make it to a season for NBC?
    I feel the same way. For some reason, the Rockford remake bothers me a lot, but the Hawaii remake doesn't. Maybe it's because it's the character of Jim Rockford that is the icon. James Garner IS Rockford.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;3857591;
    I feel the same way. For some reason, the Rockford remake bothers me a lot, but the Hawaii remake doesn't. Maybe it's because it's the character of Jim Rockford that is the icon. James Garner IS Rockford.
    I had a crush on him when I saw him for the first time as a little girl, and have carried it with me my entire life! Even though he is an old man, he still charms me.
    Christopher Reeve

I'm also not as bothered by the Hawaii 5-0 remake. I liked the original show quite a lot, but I don't think it's as iconic as The Rockford Files or Mission: Impossible or Get Smart. 5-0 was, for me, really just another good cop show in an era that had many of them with a cast that was very good, but replaceable.

I admit I'm also pleased with the opportunity to see more of Daniel Dae Kim.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3858019;
    I'm also not as bothered by the Hawaii 5-0 remake. I liked the original show quite a lot, but I don't think it's as iconic as The Rockford Files or Mission: Impossible or Get Smart. 5-0 was, for me, really just another good cop show in an era that had many of them with a cast that was very good, but replaceable.

I admit I'm also pleased with the opportunity to see more of Daniel Dae Kim.
    I think Hawaii 5-0 might have beent he first with an Asian police detective... vs. the (fake) Charlie Chan type of crime solver.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12