+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Parenthood

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Parenthood

Can someone tell me about how old Alex is supposed to be? I have not been watching for a long time... I started the middle of this current season... and it seems to me based on many things I've seen/heard, he is in his 20's... no? If that is correct, and he's having sex with a 16 year old, isn't that statutory? Hoping someone call clear this up for me.
    Thanks!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I thought Alex was supposed to be around 18? Maybe I'm off though. I seem to remember that when he went for supper for the first time to meet the parents he mentioned something about that. Anyone have a better recall than I do?

I seem to remember him being 18 as well, not sure when it was mentioned.

FORT Fanatic

Spoiler ahead... if you didn't watch the premier Sunday night!

I was very glad to see this show starting up again. However, I must admit I was a bit dissappointed with the Alex/Haddie (or is it Halee!!) story line. Seriously, if the cops were going to arrest anyone at that party, you think it would be someone for all the underage drinking occurring! I can't see the anyone calling the police for Alex hitting the kid at the party and when everyone there was underage and drinking.

That whole situation annoyed me too maxkl. It was so unrealistic that no one else would be in trouble. I also saw it coming from a mile away that there would be a big bad incident with Alex. Haddie also bothered me with the way she was behaving.

Haddie is my least favorite character on the show. I just find her shrill and immature and not immature in an endearing way. I never understood what a guy like Alex would even see in her. If she was really gorgeous, maybe I'd understand what drew him to her in the first place, but she's not. She's been kind of a trainwreck from the start and Alex seems to have gotten his act together.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    Spoiler ahead... if you didn't watch the premier Sunday night!

I was very glad to see this show starting up again. However, I must admit I was a bit dissappointed with the Alex/Haddie (or is it Halee!!) story line. Seriously, if the cops were going to arrest anyone at that party, you think it would be someone for all the underage drinking occurring! I can't see the anyone calling the police for Alex hitting the kid at the party and when everyone there was underage and drinking.
    I was wondering the same thing.....surely the cops knew all the kids were drinking. Why just arrest Alex? If the family is going to press charges, won't they also have culpability because it was their son who threw the party?

FORT Fogey

I think the reason that Latte Girl doesn't want (what's her name?) to adopt her baby is because she doesn't want to know anything about the baby after she gives her up for adoption.

I like the relationship between Sara and Mark. Was he on the show before? There was some mention of the relationship not working two years ago. I don't remember Jason Ritter being on the show before. The 12-year age difference is pretty interesting. It's usually the guy who is older, and nobody thinks anything of it ... in real life, anyway.

The show seems much better to me this season. I've actually stayed awake through it so far!

Jason Ritter was on the show while Sara's daughter was still in school. She had a crush on him as well (at that time) and it sort of came to a head. But they seem to be doing much better this time around.

This show is starting to go south the way Brothers and Sisters did in it's third or fourth season. I still care for most of the characters but the weekly storylines are starting to either seem rehashed or so, so silly (all this business with the brothers, the recording studio, and Cee Lo's shameless tie in has been excruciatingly bad).

+ Reply to Thread