+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Parenthood

Re: Parenthood

In some ways I think he may appear to be and in other ways, I'm not sure he really is worse. For a great chunk of the first half of last season (if that makes sense ) he really wasn't front and centre. He was much more of a tertiary character until his eventual diagnosis. I think what we saw were snippits of a family who just thought their kid was a little ODD (not opositional defiant, but just an odd kid ).

Ok, did I miss something? Since when is Billy Baldwin now William?
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

It's been a while now, I think. He just hasn't been working much.

I have to say, Craig T. Nelson was cracking me up last night at the ballroom dance class.

I watched this show last season, but I wasn't really upset if I missed an episode but I'm really enjoying the show a lot more this season. I think it's really coming into it's own now and separating itself completely from the film version.

Speaking of the film version, it was on last night and I remembered how much I didn't like the youngest brother (Larry in the movie). Of course, since this is a TV show, they can't just have Crosby take off, but I'm enjoying watching him stumble toward maturity. I think it's a much more interesting story to watch than just having the character be a user.

As for Max and his Asperger's, sometimes it does get more pronounced as they mature. My cousin's son has it, but it isn't nearly as severe as what they're portraying on the show. Most people I know who have Asperger's are much more highly functioning than Max. He seems a bit farther on the autism spectrum towards what would just be considered autism rather than Asperger's.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Anyone still watching this show. My wife and I love it.

Does anyone know if this will be renewed? Hope so, the only show my wife and I agree on

I watch it On Demand. I don't know if it's been renewed. I hope so because Tuesday's season finale leaves a lot of loose ends.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

It hasn't been renewed yet, but it sounds promising. I enjoyed the finale. It left a lot open for season 3!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I swear, the guy who just lost his job is like Job! Let's hope there is a silver lining in this as well...

I love this show and have faithfully watched every episode since last season. It's so well written and really, mos families are kind of a mess int heir own ways, so it's easy to relate to this clan. I pray it's renewed for next season as we are in desperate need of well written shows that don't revolve around a hospital or a law investigation type setting.
    My particular favorite is Dax Shepard as Crosby. I may catch heck for this, but I think his girlfriend was overreacting big time to the whole one night stand. Granted it was wrong, but so was her attitude and behavior toward him previous to his poor choice. She gave me the impression, whens he told him she was going to see her mother with jabar that she might not be coming back. There was a very weird vibe to her and she also has this habit of being the final authority on EVERYTHING< I like her and I like him and their child is adorable, but honestly , she needs to accept the reality that she is not the easiest person to deal with, IMO. Not that that excuses him, but she needed to get off her high horse. I'm glad it looks like she and Crosby are moving forward now-buying the house was a crazy last ditch hail Mary pass , but it showed how much he was willing to sacrifice and how far he was willing to go out on a limb when the real possibility of complete rejection on her part loomed large.
    MY one complaint is that it is a bit unrealistic for someone to just happen to know a great playwright who is going to produce/direct and mentor a first time writer. I wish they would have shown a more realistic truth to writing, that is you suffer a ton of rejection and don't have an automatic in.
    Loved Craig T. Nelson taking his granddaughter to the junkyard in order to show her the damage down tot he car she was a passenger in-nothing like a visual of just thow close she came to dying. And i love his bluntness when he said to her "Boo Freaking who, you didn't get into Berklee..." Talk about grounding her with the truth life isn't easy and you just have to suck it up and not go off the rails when a huge disappointment hits. She really needed that reality check. When she started caring into his arms it was just so heartbreaking. Like a breakthrough, a tearing down of the wall she had built up over the years. Let's hope she gets it.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I swear, the guy who just lost his job is like Job! Let's hope there is a silver lining in this as well...
    Yes, yes he is! What's next? Weeping, infected Boils and a plague of locusts? Okay, that's more of a mixture of Job and Moses but you get the picture.
    What a total jerk his business partner is,a total, utter tool.
    WEll, at least it isn't his daughter who is pregnant.
    " I'm a Republican. I only seem liberal because I believe hurricanes are caused by high barometric pressure, not gay marriage."- Will Macavoy The Newsroom

PWS
    FORT Fogey

yes, I guess it would be worse if his daughter were pregnant by her drop out foster family raised AA member but nice boyfriend.... than his wife who is already dealing with a middle school aging about to be mainstreamed child with Aspergers.... Yup, where are the locusts?

+ Reply to Thread