+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Parenthood

Re: Parenthood

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3868112;
    It turns out that it's No. Cal. Crosby said his ex girlfriend & "son" just moved back to Berkley.
    Of course it is fantasy No. Cal., as it doesn't look or feel like Berkeley at all, and at one point there is even a school bus that says "Marin County," showing they don't even care to try and make it look like Berkeley really, which I guess kind of makes sense since Ron Howard lives in Marin -- but it is not even remotely based in reality. It is a fantasy world concocted by very rich people in both northern and southern CA, and it has nothing to do with how real people live, including the look of the locations.

How funny, I dug up this thread and was going to comment something along the same lines. The episode last night had Amber calling from a "truck stop in Gilroy" and they made it look like she was halfway to Barstow or something. The real Gilroy is filled with chain restaurants and outlet shopping these days. but I guess calling from the Panda Express wouldn't be as scary.

I am enjoying the show, they are doing a good job of keeping the original movie's mix of uncomfortable emotions and heartwarming small moments. It must have been so satisfying to rip into the parents of Steve when they didn't know anything about him sleeping with his previous girlfriend's cousin, after they had been so annoying when Haddie (that's her name, right?) was dating him.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

It was a really good 1st season. I'm glad the show did well enough to be brought back. Looking forward to seeing what they have in store.

I didn't watch more than about 10 minutes the first season. However, now that NBC has decided to let Comcast show the episodes In Demand I've started watching. I really liked this last episode. Especially, Peter Krause and his son.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

this season sucks - there's too much focus on the Braverman's, and especially Max's condition. Funny how Max was just a little 'off' last season and now he is full blown asbergers.......it's losing me as a viewer.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I thought the story line about the play date politics was very forced and stupid. Those kids are way too young to be catty in that way, and making the mom lay it all out to another mom made her look incredibly stupid. Of course another adult would be insulted if you cancelled a playdate because your daughter thought it would hurt her popularity, and then to blame it on another kid with the same name? They really lost me on that one. That Bravermen sibling is my least favorite by far, the type-A overdriven mom with the gentle and wise stay at home dad. Their whole story line seems forced and annoying.

I do still enjoy all the other siblings' stories. I liked it when the young guy got it through to his mother in law that he was there to stay in Jabbar's life. Jabbar seems like such a chill little kid.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

What is funny is that I'm actually enjoying Crosby's character way more than I did last season.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4077274;
    this season sucks - there's too much focus on the Braverman's, and especially Max's condition. Funny how Max was just a little 'off' last season and now he is full blown asbergers.......it's losing me as a viewer.
    I agree. I have it on DVR, but find myself fast forwarding through 90% of it. The only character I like is Julia, but if she and her husband have a baby, then, well, there goes the show for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefootball25;4077455;
    I agree. I have it on DVR, but find myself fast forwarding through 90% of it. The only character I like is Julia, but if she and her husband have a baby, then, well, there goes the show for me.
    Well, it is called Parenthood..........
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by anders332;4077408;
    What is funny is that I'm actually enjoying Crosby's character way more than I did last season.
    I couldn’t stand his character last year, but liking him this year. I still like the show, having 2 kids myself I can relate to the busy schedules etc.

I also agree with the person who said that Max this year is a lot worse than last year, it is too much of a change.

+ Reply to Thread