+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Parenthood

Re: Parenthood

No way will Camille and Zeek sell the house now. When Julia came over and said she just wanted to come home, I think that pretty much sealed it.

Kristina ran for mayor - not sure how much more far fetched it can get than that The thing is, when you have a kid who seems to not fit anywhere - you create a place for them. So, I can see why they might think of looking in to it. I say let's see how it all plays out before we cry foul. People open up Montessori schools pretty easily actually, so not sure why a school for kids on the spectrum would be any more difficult.

I can't stand Joel right now. And he's looking all pained - give me a break. I can't believe he is walking out on his marriage over a kiss. He's an idiot. Hate that he's doing this to the kids as well. For pete's sake the ink on Victor's adoption papers are hardly dry! Way to give Victor a good solid home. SMH
    tinderbox and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

It seems to me that the script keeps having Julia refer to various issues she had previously in the marriage so it's not only the kiss that Joel is reacting to, but I'm scratching my head trying to remember what those issues might have been and I really can't remember anything in particular. I don't like Joel anymore at all, and how long will it be before he's in bed with Pete?
    redsox girl likes this.

Just catching up on the last two episodes. Wow! I want to know who Camille's (Bonnie Bedelia) surgeon is! She looks amazing.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by elleprn View Post
    Just catching up on the last two episodes. Wow! I want to know who Camille's (Bonnie Bedelia) surgeon is! She looks amazing.
    You and me, both!!
    My sister called me and said, "did you see Bonnie Bedelia?!! My sis thought she looked like her face was still a tad frozen and had not fully settled yet. I think she looks fantastic. She had surgery right before this show started. When I first started watching Parenthood, I did not recognize her from before.
    Now, I think she looks even better!
    elleprn likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I absolutely love this show!

As far as Joel, I think he's reacting to Julia, overall.
    She's been a totally emasculating, over achieving, type A woman throughout their marriage.
    And, imo, Julia didn't exactly rebuff the man who kissed her.
    redsox girl and Moontat like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post

She's been a totally emasculating, over achieving, type A woman throughout their marriage.
    but she's always been like that, presumably. So it's unfair of him to all of a sudden expect her to change unless they discuss it. It's like he gave up without even having 1 discussion about anything.
    mesachick likes this.

FORT Fogey

I must not be watching the same show. I don't remember that.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I've never seen her as emasculating. Over-achieving? Yes. Type A? Absolutely. Emasculating? IMO no.
    mesachick likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I don't see any possible excuse for Joel's behavior. It's not like she slept with Ed. For the sake of the kids he should stay in the marriage. People stay together in marriages until the kids are 18 with much worse things that have happened besides a kiss (that she didn't initiate either).
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I think he's using that as an excuse to leave so he can get involved with Pete. He's accusing Julia of having the feelings for Ed that he has for Pete. What's that called ... projection?
    mesachick likes this.

+ Reply to Thread