+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Parenthood

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Parenthood

I can't stand Jasmine. They could show her eating Saltines and I'd have a negative impression of it. Nothing she does makes me dislike her any less let alone ever like her more.

Interesting about Jabar and ballet. I like how Adam explained it to Crosby. Very mature and very realistic IMO.

Joel and Julia? They've both contributed to where they are. It's not as if they had a super solid foundation before Victor even came into the picture. Joel's whole attitude toward Victor has been problematic to me from the start... it just seems like Joel sees it the way he wants it to be instead of the way it actually is.

Zeke and Camille were just adorable in this episode. I love seeing Camille come into her own - it's not easy for women of her generation and I'm proud of the decisions she's making for herself and HER "third act".

Amber and Ryan have been doomed from the start. I've always felt Amber is just too emotionally stunted to have a real and true, healthy relationship and she keeps proving it to me. She's another one who sees things how she wishes them to be instead of how they actually are. I guess I blame Sarah for that because she's such a flake and not the best role model. I forget which character recently told Sarah that of course her family doesn't take her seriously because she's so flakey and has had how many jobs? Bartender, Writer, Photographer's assistant, Photographer, Superintendent, etc etc etc. As much as I love Jason Ritter's character I don't want him back with Sarah... he just deserves so much better. Don't get me wrong, I like Sarah (despite all the faults I find with her) but I want Mark to have someone more stable instead of someone's he's having to take care of so-to-speak.

Joel's boss "Pete"... Sonya Walger is such a well known actress and right now they're squandering her. This leads me to believe there's much more of a future there with her and Joel otherwise they could've cast a complete unknown if it was gonna be a throwaway role.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

What's weird about Amber was everyone thought she'd get into top colleges she was such a good student...and when she didn't get in anywhere (not enough fallback schools on her list!), pow, no college even though plenty of time has passed for her to apply again. Instead what is she doing? Working in secretary level jobs and getting married at what, 19? Why is her family not on her to use her brains and at least take some community college courses? Or did I miss an episode where this was explained? I've got some catching up to do...planning a binge this weekend.

PWS - you must have missed that episode regarding Amber and getting the talk from the family. A few episodes back, Sarah spoke with Camille about Amber. Camille told Sarah that because she and Zeke took such a hard line about Sarah and her loser of a love interest, that they lost Sarah for a long time. Camille told Sarah that she should let Amber make her own mistakes, she's a grown up. Better to be there to pick up the pieces than to not be there because they were estranged due to objections to the marriage.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ah, yes, you are right, I do remember that. Makes sense. On the other hand, they could still encourage her to take a few college courses....not as if she has a talent like music or art that might flourish without schooling.

I'm looking forward in my "binge" of catch up to the Jasmine scenes referenced above. I've always thought they were a terribly mismatched couple...for the first few seasons Jasmine was a gogetter and Crosby was a loser (and much less physically appealing than Jasmine to boot) and immature. Crosby finally seems to kind of be getting his act together so interested to see what she doesn't like now compared to the past (when, frankly, I thought she was pretty justified--obviously for plot reasons she had to pick Crosby over the lawyer type guy, but it seemed like a reach just to keep Jabbar with his dad).
    Last edited by PWS; 11-23-2013 at 12:39 PM.

Hey, PWS... in your bingewatching let me know if you find something redeemable about the Crosby/Jasmine pairing. I've never liked them together and have often contemplated going back and re-watching from the start to see if there's just something wrong with me or what LOL! Aside from Adam (usually) and Julia, the Braverman's seem to be the most directionless family!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

Joel was way out of line when Julia showed up. She might not have shown the best judgment showing up like that, but she did leave him 5 urgent phone messages that he ignored, and he and Pete seemed to be more about having a good time at that point, not working intently, so what did Julia really interrupt? He acted all self-righteous and put Pete and their semi-flirtatious conversation before his wife who was obviously upset about a family matter. He could have given her five minutes, but instead he shamed and humiliated her, and then had the nerve to accuse her of doing that to him.

Man I am totally with you Veg! He was an ASS! If your wife leaves you 5 urgent phone messages and you ignore all of them, then you get what you deserve. What a cry baby! And Pete - you can totally tell she wants to do Joel, so I don't particularly care about her reaction (which was really a bunch of nothing lol). If anything she should get the picture and not make designs on Joel. Ugh.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

OK, well, apparently I was wrong about Amber---she does have a "non-academic" talent that I don't recall being mentioned before...she can sing. So I guess that's where she will go...
    Is the actor who is the singer who keeps hugging her (not the lead singer) the one who we wondered if he might be related to the actor who plays Sarah's young ex? They do look something alike to me. And they have the same last name which I'm blanking on as you can tell.
    Did you catch that Peet or Pete or whatever it is (my captioning can't decide) had turned off the phones? I wonder if Joel had agreed to that or if she just did it without telling him, so he didn't know about the 5 messages... On the other hand he didn't seem surprised that she'd called 5 times without him knowing, so maybe not.
    He has a point that if he'd barged into a meeting a her work babbling about a non-hospital family crisis she would have been horrified, but on the other hand he has not been "there" for her for many days now, not just that one. I get that he's really stressed out over this job--a super opportunity that he seems to be falling behind on because of all the changes Peet makes, but he's also the one that didn't want to change Victor early in the year, which is part of why this is so hard now. And the way he talked to her--I'm sorry, but if a colleague of mine talked to his wife in front of me like that, no matter what she'd done, like she was a bratty child, I'd be done with him as fast as possible.
    Poor Amber...not looking good for her marriage...but better to find out now.
    I kind of thought that Zeke might suddenly fly over to Italy...or that one of the kids might tell his wife that he was hurt not to be asked to go...on the other hand, she had mentioned trips to Europe before and he said he wasn't interested.
    Well, all caught up, and once again Crosby is an idiot (jeepers, suppose he'd been caught bribing that guy!). Mostly he was an idiot in the past now catching up to him, but on the other hand Obama ran a 2nd time and he STILL hadn't registered to vote. And he knew SO little about it that he didn't even realize you had to...who can be that dumb with all the election discussion going on around him. Once again Jasmine comes out looking way more mature...not the least because she didn't totally freak out on him. She's had her own moments of immaturity, but a minuscle pile compared to Crosby's.
    The mayoral winner should make Christine his education czar....

I didn;t like that Bob Little's former indiscretion with Amber didn't come out. Of course I didn't want Christina to put out the info, but I wanted it to come out somehow because Bob's smug-little-butt telling Christina he knew she wouldn't say anything really angered me.
    PWS likes this.

FORT Fogey

I didn't buy Joel's analogy with how Julia would have felt had he barged into one of her law firm meetings with a family matter. It was one of those things you throw at someone you are arguing with that sounds like you have a valid point, only you really don't. Maybe I am splitting hairs (I don't think so!), but at a law firm, there is a receptionist to screen visitors and the meetings are much more formal. Joel and Pete were meeting in very informal circumstances in what looked like a trailer. Weren't they drinking and toasting and yukking it up? They looked way too cozy to me. Hardly the same setting as a lawyer meeting in an office setting with a client, including the confidentiality issues that would be involved. I think we can assume that Julia would not have interrupted had it not been a matter of great importance to her, and her husband should have respected that. What's the big deal telling Pete he needed a few minutes to find out what was wrong? Instead, he treated Julia like a misbehaving child and put the other woman before his own wife.
    PWS, mesachick and Coco46 like this.

+ Reply to Thread