+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 12131415161718192021222324252627282930 LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Parenthood

Re: Parenthood

Love this show!

Happy they're taking the cast in to so many new directions this season. The new plot lines look gooooood.

Still don't like Hank but if they keep him away from Sarah I can tolerate him.

Happy Jason Ritter's show didn't make it (sorry Jason) and I, too, hope he makes his way back to the show.

I also see a possible affair between Joel and Pete.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

So glad PH is back. It's one of my favorites and I'm so glad Christina has her hair back. I thought the makeup folks did a terrible job on her bald head - it reminded me way too much of the SNL Coneheads from way back when.

I'm a huge fan of Peter Krause and will watch any show he's in.

The writing is always so interesting on Parenthood - the way they all seem to talk over each other all the time. I know it drives a lot of people nuts but it's so real-life to me I usually find that happening when I'm with my siblings and their families.
    marybethp likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    So glad PH is back. It's one of my favorites and I'm so glad Christina has her hair back. I thought the makeup folks did a terrible job on her bald head - it reminded me way too much of the SNL Coneheads from way back when.

I'm a huge fan of Peter Krause and will watch any show he's in.

The writing is always so interesting on Parenthood - the way they all seem to talk over each other all the time. I know it drives a lot of people nuts but it's so real-life to me I usually find that happening when I'm with my siblings and their families.
    My SO walks through on occasion and always asks what is so great about a show where every one just talks and talks. He says there is nothing happening ... it is just people blabbing on about nothing.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    My SO walks through on occasion and always asks what is so great about a show where every one just talks and talks. He says there is nothing happening ... it is just people blabbing on about nothing.
    Well, aren't men more 'wired' for visual stuff than women? I know women use a whole hell of a lot more words in any given day than men do. I love 'talky' shows. I remember Lauren Graham from Gilmore Girls, and that was a talky show if there ever was one. I missed a lot of the show b/c I had to go back and forth as I was watching the 2nd hour of the Grey's Anatomy premiere. Since I don't have a DVR, I am going to have to catch Parenthood from now on the NBC website. I'm not happy with the change from Tuesdays.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I'm so glad it's back but I cannot stand Jasmine. She's so bitchy. I've had 2 kids and never treated my husband like she treats Crosby. He's trying for goodness sake!

Felt bad that Julia's former boss has blacklisted her. I worry about Joel and the builder. Something smells fishy.

I like this show, even though they talk all over each other, because it has a realism - especially with the siblings relationships.

I enjoy the talking over each other, because it's more like real life conversations, BUT I think they do it too much, which makes it seem fake. Ya know?

Jason Ritter is coming back to Parenthood!!!

It's just for one episode for now, and it won't air until April - but still!! Here's to hoping he is back to being on it more often

Last night's episode was a good one - just like they all are lol. Interesting that Christina took the high road and didn't out Bob Little. I don't think I could do it either if it involved a family member otherwise - the gloves would have come off! I think Amber and Ryan are about to explode. I personally think Amber was beyond stupid regarding the ring. Way to make Ryan feel like crap! Over your engagement ring! I just don't think she's really all that excited about marrying him, period.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Jason Ritter is coming back to Parenthood!!!

It's just for one episode for now, and it won't air until April - but still!! Here's to hoping he is back to being on it more often

Last night's episode was a good one - just like they all are lol. Interesting that Christina took the high road and didn't out Bob Little. I don't think I could do it either if it involved a family member otherwise - the gloves would have come off! I think Amber and Ryan are about to explode. I personally think Amber was beyond stupid regarding the ring. Way to make Ryan feel like crap! Over your engagement ring! I just don't think she's really all that excited about marrying him, period.
    Too bad it's not until April but it's a good sign....I hope. LOVED him and Sarah!
    Moontat likes this.

I think I came to tears like three times this last episode lol. This show just seems to get to me I swear! The whole exchange between Max and Hank was pretty sweet. They seem to be writing Hank in a lighter manner than last season. He doesn't seem so dark and cranky. I knew Christina wouldn't win Mayor, it would have been too much to write in to the storylines. Ryan really lost it. I can't believe he wouldn't do some jail time. The band guy is bound to press charges.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I don't like the Ryan and Amber story - she deserves a good story!!

The weirdest thing is they never ever mention Hattie anymore. It's like they don't have another child!!

One of the songs in last night's show was by Josh Ritter - wonder if they're related.

I'm torn about Julia and Joel. I know you shouldn't run into another mans arms, but Joel was borderline cruel last night.

oh and nothing like pushing your political agenda with the whole voting thing with Jasmine.

I still love this show - find it realistic and heartwarming.

+ Reply to Thread