+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Parenthood

Re: Parenthood

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Awwww - no more Mark (Jason Ritter) on Parenthood

Jason's in a new comedy on Fox called Us and Them, set to premiere sometime in the fall.
    By the way ... his co-star is the other Gilmore Girl ... Alexis Bledel, who I also have always liked.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Ok, feeling a bit weird about that!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    Wow ... I am going to be in trouble again.

I guess everybody doesn't love Raymond ... but I like Hank!

I really have always liked Lauren Graham even though I think the breadth of her acting talent may be a tad ... narrow?

But I think Ray Romano is fantastically talented.

I also like Jason Ritter ... and I am so glad that he is one of the gifts his Dad gave to the world.

I don't know which one is right for HER ... but let's see how it plays out.
    I agree, echo226. I really like Ray Romano and I really liked Hank. I had no problem with Hank/Sarah... but I also had no problem with Mark/Sarah. In general, I'm not a huge fan of Sarah, though.

Jason Ritter appeals to me in every role I've seen him in, though sadly it's not been many. I do feel he's a gift his father gave the world. I always always liked John Ritter - seemed like a really good, stand up kinda guy. He left us way too soon.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

I'd rather see Sarah in another story line ... maybe establishing herself in a career, going back to school, working on her relationships with her kids, etc. ... than having to be with one of those two guys or some other guy right away.
    Coco46 likes this.

Sarah is one character we don't care as much about. They need to give her a storyline tht includes something we want to learn more about.

The Asperger Syndrome, and Breast Cancer stories are captivating ... and I think they did well with the interracial marriage story. I loved it when she didn't pick the gorgeous, rich & doting doctor. They also had the mother kind of "cheating" and they tried with the veteran angle. We start to really care about these people. Sarah's story is complicated, but for some reason we don't care. Maybe she should go to nursing school or something or open her own business? I don't know. I am hoping Hank helps her grow up.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

I am hoping Hank stays in Minnesota, or wherever he went to live near his daughter. I like Ray Romano, just not his character... and I really don't see RR taking a small long-term role in such a large ensemble cast unless he's desperate for any kind of acting gig.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Maybe he's wanting to something less comedic than the sit com he's best known for. Isn't in one of those "adult men" shows, about 3 or 4 grown bros? Or was he in the one that got cancelled? Again it was a more serious show.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

With the standup and the writing and the producing... and the royalties from Everybody Loves Raymond... I don't think Ray Romano is hurting for money to the point of taking a role just for the paycheck. Of course, I could be completely wrong but I just can't imagine it.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

No, but maybe to stretch himself as an actor. He doesn't see like a sit on his duff and count the royalties kind of guy...

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda
    The whole story line annoyed me as it reminded me of the Gilmore Girls story line of when she got engaged to her daughters teacher
    I know the character is different but there are similarities and it annoys me.
    Actually the whole character annoys me, I think I would like it better if she would be content being single for a while.
    Sarah/Lorelai's dating life has been kind of a fiasco and yes, she should stay single and figure out what she really wants. But doesn't every family always have that one kid who goes from relationship to relationship while the other kids end up married long term?

On another note, I recently found out Lauren has been dating her brother, Adam in real life! Dating Peter Krause in real life. For some reason, I had never heard anything about them together but they seem to be very happy. Hopefully Lauren isn't as relationship-challenged as her characters. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by echo226
    I guess everybody doesn't love Raymond ... but I like Hank!
    Everybody does love Raymond! But no likey Hankie. He doesn't necessarily need to be as funny as he was on his other show but does he have to be so gloom and doomy? I know people like that in real life, and they are no fun to be around, so why would I want to watch them on my TV?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread